[Solved] F-35s now flying out of Fort Zancudo! (farewell Lazers)

Is it even possible? I was hoping to turn Fort Zancudo into a Marine Corp Air Station.

@Gamefreak300 said in How might I replace the Lazer with F-35?:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/f-35b-lightning-ii-vtol

This maybe

Thank you, I have the plane but I have it as an add-on. I don't know if it can be used to replace the Lazer that normally spawns in the single player. If it can, I would greatly appreciate assistance.

@SkylineGTRFreak has directions on replacing the Hydra I think. Would I just do the same with the Lazer? Would it still be flyable?

Update. I changed the model with the F-35. To my delight it showed up in game replacing the default Lazer. The F-35s look pretty, I could enter the plane but it did not move at all.

I am thinking that I might need to take the Hydra handling files, edit the name hydra to Lazer, then over right the Lazer handling files?

I am thinking out loud because I'm scared and clueless hehe... I appreciate any and all advice.

Once I figure this out, I should be able to replace each of the vehicles at Fort Zancudo... So like the helicopters... I want to make one of them a Predator drone and the other a Chinook, and the in game fake C-130 I want to maybe replace with an Osprey.

• @DarthPungz This solution is for the F35 the guy posted above:
    Using OpenIV go to update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\common\data and extract the archive handling.meta
    Open it with Notepad or any text editor of your preference, press Ctrl+F and look for HYDRA, copy everything from the line <fMass value="8000.000000" /> to the line below </SubHandlingData>
    Now on OpenIV go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data and extract the archive handling.meta
    Press Ctrl+F and search for the line <handlingName>LAZER</handlingName>, now replace everything below that line all the way to the line below </SubHandlingData> with the lines you just copied, save it and replace with the one in OpenIV

Now using OpenIV go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5\ and extract vehicles.meta
    Go to http://pastebin.com/4ymNNWUD (provided by the modder) and copy everything from the line below <vehicleMakeName>MAMMOTH</vehicleMakeName> all the way to the end
    Now open the vehicles.meta you extracted and search for the line <modelName>lazer</modelName>
    Replace everything from the line <expressionDictName>null</expressionDictName> all the way to the line below </firstPersonDrivebyData> with the lines you copied, save the file and replace with the one in OpenIV

Now you should be able to fly your plane, but you'll have two jets that work like the hydra in your game
    Btw that F35 looks fucking cool, I will keep that one in my game

@Vinicius_117

Thank you! I'll give it a try tonight when I st a chance.

Yeah the F-35 is DOPE!

• @DarthPungz The funny part is that I have a problem with that mod, if I just replace it with the normal Hydra the liveries won't work, but if I do what you just tried to do and replace it with the lazer then the liveries work, its weird

• @Vinicius_117 you need to take the vehilces meta , lines from readme file. and also handling,meta lines from the same readme file. and paste them in their respective .meta files. that way. it shall work. Good luck.

• @FoxtrotDelta I did that but it didn't work. When I did the same thing but instead replacing the lazer it worked

• @DarthPungz Why bother so much? Install the add-on, then add it to popgroups.ymt and vehiclemodelsets.meta to spawn it in Fort Zancudo. And if you don't like the Lazer, remove it from the above mentioned files.

@Akila_Reigns said in [Update] Help: I replaced the Lazer with F-35 but it won't fly:

@DarthPungz Why bother so much? Install the add-on, then add it to popgroups.ymt and vehiclemodelsets.meta to spawn it in Fort Zancudo.

What is this magic you speak of? Haha... A noob, I don't know about the technique you are referring to, can you give step by step simple directions?

I don't want to see the default Lazer because I want to make the base look more realistic. Would doing what you advise also make it so the original Lazer doesn't show up?

I greatly appreciate it

• @DarthPungz
    I haven't installed the F-35 VTOL mod, so I don't know it's model name.
    after installing the add-on, look for vehiclemodelsets.meta in mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\ai.
    Look for
    <Item type="CAmbientModelSet">
    <Name>MILITARY_PLANES_SMALL</Name>
    <Models>
    <Item>
    <Name>LAZER</Name>
    <Variations type="NULL" />
    <Probability value="1.000000" />
    </Item>
    rename Lazer into the F35 model name.
    It could work, I've never tried it, because I use a lot of Military aircraft with the Lazer. But it's worth a shot.

Edit: Also add the model name as
    <Item>
    <Name>F35MODELNAME</Name>
    under
    <Item type="CAmbientModelSet">
    <Name>jet</Name>
    Type the spawn name within <Name> </Name>.

• You can also edit the dispatch.meta to make add-on helicopters and add-on police cars pursue you when you gain a wanted level.

• @Akila_Reigns Yeah thats way easier than replacing it with the lazer. I have a weird problem with my game, it seems like for every addon vehicle that I add to the game, it messes up another vehicle thats original from the game, like two addon cars that I installed, one made the Stirling GT tuning parts disappear and the other one did the same thing but to the X80 Proto. Do you know of any way to fix this?

• @Vinicius_117 Try changing the vehicle IDs of the add-on cars in carvariations.meta and carcols.mata in the dlc.rpf. Both IDs should be same.

@Vinicius_117 said in [Update] Help: I replaced the Lazer with F-35 but it won't fly:

@DarthPungz This solution is for the F35 the guy posted above:
    Using OpenIV go to update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\common\data and extract the archive handling.meta
    Open it with Notepad or any text editor of your preference, press Ctrl+F and look for HYDRA, copy everything from the line <fMass value="8000.000000" /> to the line below </SubHandlingData>
    Now on OpenIV go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data and extract the archive handling.meta
    Press Ctrl+F and search for the line <handlingName>LAZER</handlingName>, now replace everything below that line all the way to the line below </SubHandlingData> with the lines you just copied, save it and replace with the one in OpenIV

Now using OpenIV go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5\ and extract vehicles.meta
    Go to http://pastebin.com/4ymNNWUD (provided by the modder) and copy everything from the line below <vehicleMakeName>MAMMOTH</vehicleMakeName> all the way to the end
    Now open the vehicles.meta you extracted and search for the line <modelName>lazer</modelName>
    Replace everything from the line <expressionDictName>null</expressionDictName> all the way to the line below </firstPersonDrivebyData> with the lines you copied, save the file and replace with the one in OpenIV

Now you should be able to fly your plane, but you'll have two jets that work like the hydra in your game
    Btw that F35 looks fucking cool, I will keep that one in my game

I want to sincerely thank you for this incredibly detailed step by step. I did this and I am delighted to say F-35s are now flying out of the Fort Zancudo MCAS.

alt text

Now I have to think about the what and how to replace the other vehicles located on the base. I would really like to replace the cargo planes with Ospreys. The Little Bird attack choppers with Cobras.

DarthPungz

@Akila_Reigns

Thank you for your kind assistance.

I did not know how to edit the popgroups.ymt file. When I opened it with notepad it got all wonky looking.

Though I did not go this route this time I am excited about the ability to use add-ons as you described and the possibility of assigning vehicles to spawn at different places. Could I make it so a certain vehicle always spawns at a designated location? Like make an A-10 auto spawn at Trevor's airfield? If I could do that, I could make the commercial airport 1/2 US Air Force and put some C-17s and F-22s. I have this F-16 sitting at Fort Zancudo as I did a replace on the Besra with it.

alt text

Now that it is a MCAS I would like to make it something more appropriate. If I could just relocate the Besra spawn to the commercial airport that would be awesome. I can always just use a trainer to spawn it but I like to treat the game like a sim and just like drive or fly to the place to get the planes I want... silly I know.

Thank you again for any pro tips you might offer.

DarthPungz

• @DarthPungz You don't need to edit popgroups.ymt unless you want add-on cars spawning in traffic, I've written a small tutorial about this and some basic stuff, read it from here to learn about editing popgroups.ymt.

• @Akila_Reigns I know that, for cars it works, but the problem is that I installed an addon car and the liveries for the F35 replacement for the Hydra are gone, and I looked at carvariations and carcols.meta and the Hydra don't seem to have an ID here, so I'm lost. And like I said above if I replace it with the lazer instead the liveries work, but with the hydra they don't work

• @DarthPungz You can spawn and save any vehicles you want anywhere in the map with Szabo's Persistance Mod. It also prevents the last vehicles you use from despawning when you get too far from them, I don't know if its exactly what you looking for but if you want to create new vehicle spaws it works perfectly: https://pt.gta5-mods.com/scripts/szabo-s-persistance-mod
    You'll need to edit a few lines in the LUA file to get it to work though

• @DarthPungz If you want the Besra to spawn in LS airport,

1. Open vehiclemodelsets.meta.
    2. Look for <Name>AIRPORT_PLANES_SMALL</Name>
    3. Add <Name>besra</Name>
      </Item>
      It should work.

• @Akila_Reigns Hey man could you help me out? About the F35 posted above. I can't get the liveries to work when I replace it with the hydra, I changed the vehicles.meta and added the livery flag but they won't show up in the trainer. However if I replace it with the Lazer instead of the Hydra then the liveries work normally

@Akila_Reigns said in [Solved] F-35s now flying out of Fort Zancudo! (farewell Lazers):

@DarthPungz If you want the Besra to spawn in LS airport,

1. Open vehiclemodelsets.meta.
    2. Look for <Name>AIRPORT_PLANES_SMALL</Name>
    3. Add <Name>besra</Name>
      </Item>
      It should work.

I tried but it didn't work. I broke flying AI vehicles, there were no flying vehicles active any where in game. I reverted to the vanilla meta file and all is working again.

• @DarthPungz You must have added incorrectly because I have Nimbus, Luxor Deluxe, Ghawar and other private jets spawning and landing in LS airport.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.