[C++] Scripthookv problem reloading scripthookdotnet.asi

• I recently started trying to learn how to make asi and learn a little bit of c++, and I am having some problems whenever I press reload(control + r), the scripthookdotnet.asi stops working, while all the other .asi mods restart including my own test.asi. I found this very frustrating because I would need to restart gtav to work on c# code. I just wanted to know if I'm missing a step for scripthookdotnet.asi reloading? I know that the .asi script needs the unregister keyword, but I would assume scripthookdotnet.asi had that. Is there anything that I can do?

No missing step that I know of. SHVDN has never liked being reloaded. You could browse through the source code of SHVDN and see if there's a way to fix it if you'd like.

• @Jitnaught Thanks for the reply. It's good to know it's not just me. I downloaded the source code and i'm now looking at it. I mean they have to have a way to make changes while in the game. It's such a huge project, restarting over and over again just doesn't seem like something they would do. I really don't know c++, but the only thing that I see differently about the registering and unregistering is that SHVDN uses WINAPI instead of what Alexander blade had in his sample file, which is APIENTRY for DLLMain. Searching online the consensuses is that they are the "same" but on a technical level different, which I don't quite understand. Another thing is SHVDN is registering and unregistering scripts with the address operator "&" while the samples don't use the operator. I hope these things make a difference but from the looks of it I don't think it will. Anyways, I've been trying to test out my idea but I keep getting other little errors that I still need to solve, It might be a while :sweat_smile:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.