Replacement mods after update help

• Hello everyone,

I just started modding GTA 5 without updating the game first. I only replaced vehicles (.ytd and .yft) (around 80), many with updated handling/vehicles meta and some carvariations. Some of them have been updated in the dlc packs (with the separate meta there).
    The last update was over a year ago. I am using a mods folder.
    I have backed up the entire mods folder, original vehicle files, as well as the new replacement files.

My question is if I update, will it replace the vehicle files, and the meta files I have modified? Having the replacement files backed up I could just copy them again after the update, but what about the changed info in the meta files, would I have to manually replace them to?

Doing this for 80 vehicles would be very tedious, is there a workaround?
    If I were to add the old meta files after the update it might not work since the new vehicles added would not have any meta info present?
    Could I just add the old files to the new mods folder, but what are they, what do I keep?

• I think It can be done by replacing the meta files and the model files.
    Haven't done that, decided to replace fewer vehicles due to performance issues.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.