[Script][Released] FaRim Script

• Hi All,

This is my latest project. Would love to write about it as much as I can but don't have much free time.

Please note, This mod is still in progress, so it's not yet available to the public. but Thought to give you all heads up, that this will be available to all soon.

Summary

This script is an attempt to allow an experience of a resource-management game style to the world of GTA, with different goals. This script simply puts a player in a role where player will have to manage the resources in a different way.

Ideology of this Script

This script is heavily inspired by 2 of the great games, Rimworld and Farming Simulator. Player will be able to experience Los Santos from the view of a farmer.

The main motto behind this mode is to offer the player a Job/mission system that gives (Resource Management style, Farming Simulator Experience) under one roof.

What this Script has to Offer?

Player XP & Money System

The XP(Experience Points) will be generated by performing the different available jobs.

Job System/Queue

Jobs are Predefined and mainly categorised in Main Sections. Each Main Section will have a Sub Section/s to select from.

1. Raw-Resources Gathering(Main Section)
      (Sub Sections)(Each Job will require a specific tool/vehicle/skill set/research)

i. Wood Gathering - Wood can be gathered by chopping the wood logs and other sources.(Hatchet weapon is needed)

ii. Stone Gathering - Stone can be gathered by cutting the stones.(Hammer is needed)

iii. Raw Steel - (Hammer is needed)

iv. Copper - Matchet is needed.

2. Farming Resources(Main Section) -
      Player will need to own the land first. Below options will be unlocked only after player make the land purchase.

Harvesting - (Sub Section)
      Player will need to buy the seeds from merchant first in order to grow those crops.
      i. Wheat Crops
      ii. Rice Crops
      iii. BeetRoot Crops
      iv. Weed Crops

Cropping - (Sub Section)
      Player will need tractors and other farming equipments in order to crop.
      i. Wheat Crops - Can be done when the growth is 100%
      ii. Rice Crops - Can be done when the growth is 100%
      iii. BeetRoot Crops - Can be done when the growth is 100%
      iv. Weed Crops - Can be done when the growth is 100%

Cattling - (Sub Section) -
      Player will need to buy the farm animals such as Pig, Cow for below jobs.
      i. Cow Milk
      ii. Cheese
      iii. Pork/Pig Meat
      iv. Cow Dunk(Thinking to remove this, or suggest me some other good option)

NOTE : Once gathered enough of these resources, it can then be sold to the market, which will earn player more money & XP points. Meaning, further tools can be unlocked.

3. Driving Jobs(Main Section)

Vendor Delivery Jobs(Sub Section) -
      From time to time, vendors will roll out the contract jobs of delivering the goods. When player is low on Money/XP these jobs can be performed.

Gathered Resources Delivery Jobs(Sub Section) -
      Every-time when player gathers enough resources, these then can be sold to market place. These jobs will gain more Money/XP compared to vendor jobs.

NOTE
    Travelling Distance & Goods Quality will determine the XP and Money allocation. Longer the Distance traveled & Better the goods quality is delivered the higher the pay will be paid.

AI Assistants(WIP)

With enough XP and Money, Player will be able to opt the AI assistants, which will help player complete his/her task. Player can manually set the priorities of the work to them or script will auto select the best suitable job.

Assistant to Hire
    Different Assistants will be available to hire, as each of it will have Pros/Cons, which will then affect the job they perform. The better the skill-sets the quicker the job progression. But expensive as hell. Choose wisely.

Seasonal Assistants Hire
    These will be the seasonal assistants, which player will be able to hire on the timely basis. Like above, every assistant will have skill-sets chart, Pros and cons. The better the employee the higher the hiring cost.

AI Driven Competition

For now, I have manged to add up-to 3 competitors to the game. These competitors will try to dominate the specific market segment. Such as (Raw Resources, Dairy Industry etc.)

I tried to make this as intelligent as possible, as script will basically keep an eye on player's progress. As the player starts to gain the more XP/Money, and script will auto generate the events. Damaging goods, Attacks by the competitors etc.
    This script aims to offer the soothing scene which will slowly blend to the challenging one.

Out of the Box

Player will get the Vendors Driving Jobs to perform, right out of the box. The rest of the above mentioned things will get unlocked as player progresses further.
    So far, The script works perfectly fine without any add-ons, and I am trying to keep it as less dependable as possible.

Road-map

Done So Far

XP & Money System: 100%

Job System -
    i. Raw Resources Gathering - 100%
    ii. Farming Jobs - 60%
    iii. Cattle Jobs - 30%
    iv. Driving Jobs - 100%

Artificial Intelligence :
    80%

Auto Dynamic Event Generation :
    40%

Data Save XML & Other Customization :
    70%

Data Security Model
    100%

Overall Progress
    65%

Release

Soon in the future.
    Hope you like what you have read.

Want to help me? Here's how.!

I am looking for beta testers for the functions and script behavior so far.

Reply to this post or ping me on my chat window on this forum. I might be able to share the testing version for those interested in helping me iron out the bugs and issues. Not sure.

This project is so far one of the big ones for me. I will try to keep the number of beta users as low as 4-5 for obvious reasons.

Youtubers, who are intrested in making the gameplay video, I would request you to publish the video of this script only once I have the overall devlopment progression above 95% or so.

Any ideas for missions or gameplay elements are always welcome. Also modpacks to support.

Credits -

@CamxxCore For his amazing coding skills and his memory class to fetch the static objects from the memory-pool on runtime.
    @stillhere - For his suggestions, bug findings.

Demo Video

P.S. Apology for the bad video quality, but my Potato PC isn't capable to record, code and play at the time. :D

P.P.S. All the stuttering you may note in the video, is cause of the recording app while the game was running. Without recording in background, I promise, there are no stuttering caused by the script.

• Sounds interesting! Finally something creative and new. I'm lookiing forward to play it.

• @Marcel2015 Thanks Marcel. I am too trying to get this ready as soon as possible. As I am currently working on the Farming Section. Will keep this section posted. (:

• That's awesome! Can't wait :)

• @falloutjump Thanks for the comment mate. Didn't get a chance to update this in the past few days as been occupied with other things. But am Planning to work on the Vehicle Dealer and Market Merchant Section by this weekend. Will keep this thread posted(if possible, with a Video). Stay Tuned. :D

• UPDATE :

AI Rival Added[Update - 11th Aug 2018]

Vendor Jobs[Updated - 11th Aug 2018]

• Looks like a cool mod I'll be keeping an eye out for it to try it out. I like the idea of farming on gta gives us something to do.

• @Stau_puffed93 Thank you for the positive comment. And apology for the delayed response. I am looking to finish it as soon as possible, so people can try this mod out. (: Stay tuned.

• Apology for the delayed in response, as didn't get time to update this thread/mod as was busy with other stuff. But here, managed to record the video with Land Purchase and Farming options. Pardon with the lag in the middle for some part, as this was recorded with my potato PC.

UPDATE :
    Land Purchase & Farming Added[Update - 28th Aug 2018]

• This post is deleted!

• @ashishcw Mod has been released with stable version 1.0

• Version 1.0.1 added.
    Version Type Changes

1.0 - Initial Release

1.0.1 #Added#
    Farm Attacking Function(Fire Attacks)
    Dynamic List Inputs(Customization Back-checks)
    Update and improvement of delivery and farming jobs
    Better Menu Navigation
    Simplified Help Tips on Run-Time

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.