How do I launch gta 5 after preventing it from updating?

• Hi, quick question. How do I launch gta 5 after I have preventing it from updating? Once I go into offline mode it doesn't connect to rockstar servers, therefor not launching the game. Any solutions?

Use GTAVLauncherBypass to bypass any required updates.

• @Tightt https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gtavlauncherbypass
    Simply drop GTAVLauncherBypass.asi and GTAVLauncherBypass.ini into your Grand Theft Auto V folder.
    Then start game with GTA5.exe. Not the normal PLAYGTAV.exe.
    Use Admin Rights when it doesn't start.

• @Jitnaught Sorry, was just answering in the same minute.

• @Jitnaught thanks for your help, but even after that it still required me to have a social club login.

• @Marcel2015 thanks for your help, but even after that it still required me to have a social club login.

• @Tightt are you using steam?

@Tightt GTAVLauncherBypass only bypasses the launcher; it does not disable Social Club. Although with this mod installed you shouldn't have to worry about keeping the game offline.

• @Tightt If the game starts in full screen mode, bypassing the launcher, and then social club login pop ups its ok. Just login, it will not update.
    I get social club login every time I start the game and it work great, have not been forced to update yet.

• I had some issues past day with the steam version but i think I found a working solution.

a couple of weeks ago i backed up my game onto an external HDD but steam kept updating my SSD, i tried steam in offline mode and "-scOfflineOnly" to the command line and that worked for a day before social club refused to load the game offline anymore. I tried bypass launcher and no launcher mods, they didn't work for my steam version.

Now i removed the command line flag and just kept steam in offline mode so you can still sign into social club and play the old version with mods still intact. Seems to be working for now.

• @Dreamlncode That will work for some time, but sooner or later the launcher will ask for login, and then you will have to update. With GTAVLauncherBypass the launcher never comes up and game just start in fullscreen, so there will never be a update option.

• @xxx78 I am logged in to Social Club atm, just offline mode with steam because that stops the auto-update with this version. Those bypass launchers do not stop steam from updating the game.

@Dreamlncode If you have set Steam to not update the game automatically, and you properly use GTAVLauncherBypass (run from GTA5.exe not from Steam), then Steam won't update it.
    You can also set the state of GTA V in its appmanifest to the "already updated" state, so if you do press the Play button on Steam it still won't update.

• @Jitnaught said:

You can also set the state of GTA V in its appmanifest to the "already updated" state.

This is what I was missing. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.