open .oiv request

• Hi,
    ive seen there are .oiv around that installs mod cars,
    its it possible to create your own install,
    ive add random cars and police cars, is there away to save all as an .oiv so when theres and update or anything go's wrong i can just click install then its all back instead of installing one by one,
    i would rather have my own cars and police vehicle the way like them instead of other inputs
    cheers

• Shouldn't be a big deal. Just put all files you need in one place and configure the .xml file which is inside of the .oiv(.zip) file.
    Here's a link to the documentation. .OIV DOKU

@ifne You can create a .OIV file is by using a tool such as OpenIV Package Creator. I've used it a couple of times in the past and it works fine, if you don't count the whole can't open saved .OIV files after saving & exiting like I mentioned below.
    This tool requires you to basically create the .OIV file, though. You have to make sure that the file paths, file locations, etc. are correct or else the file won't work, so it might take a while to do especially if you have a lot of files to add. You also can't open an already made .OIV files with this tool, as the author of the tool never released the version that had that feature, even though he did mention about releasing it but I guess he got busy with life or something like that.
    It's definitely worth the effort if you want to have a mod that comes with everything you want, though, but like I mentioned, just keep in mind that after you save the file and exit the tool, you won't be able to edit the created .OIV file unless you create it from scratch again

• @Carrythxd No that's not "the only way". Make it manually and it's all good.

@CronKz Ah, my mistake. I thought it was the only way :) I'll remove that part from the post I made

• yer the .oiv creater looks hard to use and theres no instructions to hand,
    just wish there was a video for help

• @ifne Don't be so lazy :D Just read the doku. Take yourself an hour and read. At the bottom there's also an example package. At least in my case it took me an hour to create that what I needed. It's really not that hard. :thumbsup_tone2:

• @CronKz said in open .oiv request:

@ifne Don't be so lazy :D Just read the doku. Take yourself an hour and read. At the bottom there's also an example package. At least in my case it took me an hour to create that what I needed. It's really not that hard. :thumbsup_tone2:

ok cheers mate

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.