Is V Redux A Compilation Of Mods?

• Given Romito's history of stealing mods without others permission, is the mod original as in, not a copy and paste? I find it suspicious that it looks like VisualV for some reason. I see many "journalists" praising it, but unsure if it's original content and work.

• obviously, looks like visual v, has presets from sweetFX database, has explosions from a mod here, retextured LA roads, Probably has the custom 600+vehicle gameconfig settings... props to the guy for making it, but maybe he should name it 'mod compilation' instead of his own thing

• @Raul-Passos said in Is V Redux A Compilation Of Mods?:

Given Romito's history of stealing mods without others permission, is the mod original as in, not a copy and paste? I find it suspicious that it looks like VisualV for some reason. I see many "journalists" praising it, but unsure if it's original content and work.

Yes it is , downloaded it , looked at files and found lot of stuff coming from other mods (L.A Roads , L.A Vegetation , VisualV , Real Life billboards , etc etc...)

• @ChOcOsKiZo

@turtlevan

Thats some sketchy shit right there, the amount of con artists not giving the ethics to actual modders sucks. If people like Romito continue to do this, many modders might not make mods anymore.

• Wow! I can't believe I was being asked to get involved with this mod... had I done so and then discovered this, I would have been ashamed to show my face on here ever again. :(

• @LeeC2202 glad you avoided Romito's "hard work"

• Yeah after working with la roads (i made the oiv version) and messing around with some of cryhd textures on my own. There were certainly some textures ripped right out from that mod. He has redone some of the stuff but its not "from scratch" as he claimed.The worst part is this isn't the first time he has lied about this. I will say though his version of night time in gta v looks pretty good.

• Come on folks it's pretty obvious the mod is a mix of other authors original mods just touched with his personal tastes.

It happens and its gonna continue to happen with these elaborate Pinnacle/Redux type graphics overhauls.

Are we really surprised at this point folks????

• @rastakilla said in Is V Redux A Compilation Of Mods?:

Are we really surprised at this point folks????

It's not that I'm surprised that Romito is still being a scam artist as usual. It's just surprising me how some people don't realize the importance of this topic. Saying like "it's coding who gives a shit" and all that makes me realize that these people don't even know what this Romito guy really does.

• @Raul-Passos Most people don't understand the feeling of their stuff being stolen and get uploaded elsewhere as someone else's until it happens to themselves.

• @Akila_Reigns said in Is V Redux A Compilation Of Mods?:

@Raul-Passos Most people don't understand the feeling of their stuff being stolen and get uploaded elsewhere as someone else's until it happens to themselves.

Agreed, in a way J. Romito's compilation is deception and he is still continuing it after 2 previous scams. If this keeps up, many great modders might be gone

• @rastakilla I'm new to the GTAV modding scene, I had no idea it was a compilation of other mods... so yeah, I am surprised. From what I was led to believe, this was all his own effort based on his own discoveries of hidden files etc...

From what I have seen, any other mods like this tend to say "It's my mod based on Visual V" or something similar and then add "Download [insert base mod name] here and then install my settings files".

I didn't realise this was a subject that carried such a blasé attitude towards it... that's disappointing to see. To me as a developer that sounds like an excuse to say "Damn, these FPS games are elaborate, let's just steal the engine from COD and then we'll make a game with it and claim we wrote the whole thing".

Elaborate just means it takes more effort to create and if someone would rather steal than put the effort into creating, then I personally would vote to veto all posts promoting that creator. Helping people install this mod is no different to helping people install/troubleshoot mods in a pirated version of GTAV in my opinion.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.