How do I convert .xtd to .ytd and .xdd to .ydd?

• I got some xbox360 texture files (.xtd) and model files (.xdd) and I'd like to convert these to PC formats.

I'd like to convert .xtd to .ytd and .xdd to .ydd

I'm 100% sure it's possible because I've seen mods with last-gen character faces and such.

• @Tengerecki Models from consoles are difficult to extract because each game uses different vertex shader parameters to build the model in game, but if you saw last gen games characters from consoles, they were ripped directly from its binary geometry data, that requires advanced knowledge in Hexadecimal language and is simple the theory, because every 3D geometry uses same array coordinates for vertexes and UV map and experienced people can see it in the hexadecimal content inside any 3d file, to get the correct portion of the model geometry and convert it in 3D coordinates. The tool used is named Hex2Obj.

The textures are extracted directly from memory dump in game (yeah that means a console connected to a PC) or with same system like models, getting the correct portion of the texture data inside hexadecimal game format.

• This post is deleted!

• @MetaGTA said in How do I convert .xtd to .ytd and .xdd to .ydd?:

@Tengerecki Models from consoles are difficult to extract because each game uses different vertex shader parameters to build the model in game, but if you saw last gen games characters from consoles, they were ripped directly from its binary geometry data, that requires advanced knowledge in Hexadecimal language and is simple the theory, because every 3D geometry uses same array coordinates for vertexes and UV map and experienced people can see it in the hexadecimal content inside any 3d file, to get the correct portion of the model geometry and convert it in 3D coordinates. The tool used is named Hex2Obj.

The textures are extracted directly from memory dump in game (yeah that means a console connected to a PC) or with same system like models, getting the correct portion of the texture data inside hexadecimal game format.

I already have all the necessary files....what hexadecimal? What hex? What vertex? UV? I don't understand anything of what you just said.

• @Tengerecki Google those terms, are 3D essential knowledge to be a ripper. Only learning all these terms, usage, functions and concepts, you'll be able to extract models from those files that you have.

• Shouldn't be too hard, xtds are basically the xbox360 version of ytds, I'm pretty sure that OpenIV allows you to view and extract those files if you have the extraction key or something

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.