OpenIV and PlayGTAV.exe

• Hi,

When I install OpenIV and direct it to my folder it cannot find GTA5.exe. I have an exe named playGTAV.exe. I copied this exe and renamed it to GTA5.exe and this led to an encryption key error. I can't find help for this anywhere. I have a Social Club version.

Please help.

• @RedRubyBlue
    Hmm? No idea about Social Club Version but I'll have a go.

Is your game installed here:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V

Have you launched the game yet (presumably from 'PlayGTAV.exe' after renaming it back to original) & played GTA V (even just once)? If not, play the game, quit & then try the OpenIV 'GTA5.exe' hunt again. I'm not 100% sure but my research indicates (to at least some degree although no direct confirmation) that after you run 'PlayGTAV.exe' once a 'GTA5.exe' is created in the folder.

I see install folder pictures online with all three '.exe's ('GTA5.exe', 'PlayGTAV.exe' & 'GTAVLauncher.exe') in them so given that there is no 'PlayGTAV.exe' with other versions of the game it tends to indicate your game is somehow missing it's 'GTA5.exe'?!

Evidence:

PlayGTAV.exe Install Folder 01

PlayGTAV.exe Install Folder 02

PlayGTAV.exe Install Folder 03

If that doesn't help can you post a pic of the OpenIV 'Choose Grand Theft Auto V folder' location window (where you get the 'cannot find GTA5.exe' etc error) & also a pic of your install folder (including the top navigation bar & all the files therein)? Thanks

• @RedRubyBlue since you have the Retail, Install the GTA V Installation Tool from Rockstar Games, the download size would be 200mb or higher, while you're downloading the setup tool, delete the .exe, (Please don't permanently delete on the recycle bin just in case something goes bad) after deleting the .exes, open the setup tool and look for the option "Repair" and wait for it to repair the game, after it finishes open the game directory and see if the .exe is there, now open "OpenIV" and try it again, if it doesn't work run "OpenIV" on administrator, If still doesn't work "Verify" the game files but I don't know how to do that, you'll have to search for it,

I don't know stuff about this but we'll try our best to help you out

• @RedRubyBlue

@Isaac-Duane said in OpenIV and PlayGTAV.exe:

"Verify" the game files

Maybe like this? (Copied from R* Support) :

For the standalone, Rockstar Warehouse version:
            Hit "Start", "Run", and type "cmd" without the quotes. Hit enter.
            Type "cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" without the quotes in the cmd window that pops up. Hit enter.
                Note: If you’ve installed the game to a different directory, enter that directory instead.
            Type "GTAVLauncher.exe -verify" in this window (no quotes again) and hit enter.

• @a63nt-5m1th yes that should work, or there's an alternative you can download this file https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/verify-game-files-without-steam#description_tab
    I hope he can get his game fixed.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.