[VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5

• alt textalt text

• Amazing! I've always wanted one of these as a mod haha. Will you be releasing it..?

• @ethannn_ said in [VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5:

Amazing! I've always wanted one of these as a mod haha. Will you be releasing it..?

NO

• @Dolmat-Dmitry alt text alt textalt text

• @Dolmat-Dmitry Then why are you posting here>?

• @ethannn_ says all - im back and alive )

• alt textalt text

• It's true, I don't think you're allowed to share work that's gonna be private or similar.

• @Dolmat-Dmitry said in [VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5:

@ethannn_ said in [VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5:

Amazing! I've always wanted one of these as a mod haha. Will you be releasing it..?

NO

You were critiqued for doing this with another mod of yours that was also a VIP model. Does this ring a bell?

@ethannn_ said in [VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5:

@Dolmat-Dmitry Then why are you posting here>?

I was gonna ask the same thing.

@Dolmat-Dmitry said in [VEHICLE] [WIP] [VIP] Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 (j120) 2008 GTA5:

@ethannn_ says all - im back and alive )

That hardly answers his question. Let me guess, you're making this a private release, and to whom specifically?

• It's not only that you are not allowed to post VIP work here, you can also not post early releases if you do not intent to release it after 1 month.

@Dark0ne said in Feedback required: Rule change regarding showcasing mods not for 5Mods:

It's now Friday and I want to thank everyone for their feedback over this period. I'm currently extremely busy but I wanted to pop in here to say that I am going to go ahead with this rule change. I do not have time to update the relevant stickies/site rules (if any admin or moderator would like to do so, please go ahead). I'm making a slight change to the rule to avoid confusion and the final rule is as follows:

Users should only advertise, showcase or otherwise promote their work and/or services if the product of that work is fully intended to be released on 5Mods. To clarify, timed exclusives for Patreon backers are acceptable, but you must intend to (and actually) release your mod on 5Mods after that timed exclusive period is over, and that timed exclusive period should be no more than 1 month. If you are unsure of whether you can or will upload your work to 5Mods once it's finished then do not showcase it until you are sure.

In regards to setting up a separate section on the forums where people who are paywalling their work can still showcase and discuss them, I will admit that I have some serious trepidation in regards to allowing this. First and foremost, I am very confident that at least some of the work that is being paywalled is being done so illegally -- users are buying models from other websites which they are then turning into mods for GTA 5 that they are charging money for, without the license for that paid model allowing them to do this. To be clear; if the license of the models you're paying for does not specifically allow you to earn royalties from your work, you should not be charging for them in any way, shape or form. Worse still are people who are ripping assets from other games or software and are charging money for them. This is most definitely illegal.

On a personal level, I don't have a horse in that race and ergo I'm not particularly fussed. Having said that, 5Mods is now my responsibility and if 5Mods is seen to endorse or promote this sort of illegal (or even potentially illegal) activity then that puts 5Mods at risk. That's obviously not OK. I can tell you now that we most definitely do not allow anything like this on Nexus Mods, nor would I.

Trying to work out which users are creating legitimate, legal paywalled content and which users aren't is a moderation and administration quagmire that I'm not sure we really want to be touching in any way, shape or form. We're talking moderators having to get access to paywalled mods, finding the source of assets, acquiring the license agreements for said assets and assessing whether the author actually can paywall their content or not before we let their work be showcassed on 5Mods -- for absolutely no gain for 5Mods itself. I'm really not sure it's worth it.

5Mods itself currently has a lot of this questionable content on the site, some of which likely can fall under fair use, some probably not, and when we receive DMCA takedown notices we action them instantly and respectfully. The legal issue is amplified by many orders of magnitude when actual money is involved and it's something we really should not be touching unless we want to risk losing everything because of it.

• alt text alt text

• alt textalt text

@Dolmat-Dmitry

@Dark0ne said in Feedback required: Rule change regarding showcasing mods not for 5Mods:

Users should only advertise, showcase or otherwise promote their work and/or services if the product of that work is fully intended to be released on 5Mods. To clarify, timed exclusives for Patreon backers are acceptable, but you must intend to (and actually) release your mod on 5Mods after that timed exclusive period is over, and that timed exclusive period should be no more than 1 month. If you are unsure of whether you can or will upload your work to 5Mods once it's finished then do not showcase it until you are sure.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.