[Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's

• @Reyser said in [Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's:

@Suzerain001
    1.- It does not matter. You can have in different folders or in the same one but make sure to don't use a folder name that's being already used by specific folders in vanilla DLCs.
    2.- Same as before, it doesn't matter.

I use a very similar (almost the same) folder structure to what I could see in your screenshots, so don't worry about that.

It still keeps crashing on load for me!

I put all the xxxx_weapons.meta in a folder called weapondata inside /data/ and I put the planeweapons.rpf (changed it from weapons.rpf just to be safe) file in a separate folder called weaponmods inside /x64/.

I opened the OpenIV.log file and here is the end of that file - it stops after berkut_mods.rpf file:

04/05/2020 15:50:00.575 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlcpacks:\planes\dlc.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.588 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehicles.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.588 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/weaponmods/planeweapons.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/typhoon_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/cfa_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/p38l_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/adf11f_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/f22a_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/sr71b_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/f117a_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/wyvern_mods.rpf'
    04/05/2020 15:50:00.589 [19664] TRACE: [fiPackfile::openArchive] 'dlc_planes:/x64/vehiclemods/berkut_mods.rpf'

I'm not sure why it's still crashing! I checked and rechecked! Please help.

EDIT: I disabled the berkut mod and it still crashes.

Here is my updated content.xml file: https://we.tl/t-awHBh1EbRp

@Suzerain001 The content.xml file looks fine.

I don't know what can be the problem, but there's something you can still try:
    1.- Disable all the RPF files 1 by 1 until you find which one crashes. If none of them crash, redo your meta files and make sure that the game doesn't crash for each information addition that you do.
    2.- Remake the whole Add-On. The simplest and easiest way to fix the existing problem.

• @Reyser, two questions: If I want to make a mod for replacement cars,

1. Wich Vehicles DLC Folder should i use?
    2. If I don't need the vehicles.meta and handling.meta files inside the base dlc, because they are overwritten, Can i remove them from the dlc.rpf and content.xml?

• Hey, you missed something. how can I see my Vehicle in-game?

@afkman-COL
    1.- The fourth is always the most recommended one.
    2.- Yes.

@GravyS Use a trainer mod like Enhanced Native Trainer, Simple Trainer and others. They have an option to spawn vehicles by their name.

• @Reyser One quick question, can I add extra audios to the Addon Pack? (Currently using vehicles #4)
    I've downloaded @Wanted188 MR-S and it comes with its own audio files, idk if I can add em to the addons folder or not, and how can I enable them if it's possible.

@xEnzo Yes you can. You just need to put the files to the respective audio folders (take a look at the original MR-S folders structure) in your own pack and also add the respective info lines in the content.xml file as if you were adding tuning parts but for audio (take a look at the original MR-S content.xml file as reference).

• @Reyser Okay, thats what I did but I forgot to change the original DLC folder name to the addon one ^^" Tysm ♥

• @Reyser i followed the whole tutorial and i got the hang of it but i still encountered the problem which made me miserable.
    I organized all my car mods and wanted to put them into seperate packs (ferrari,audi,bmw etc...). I made one pack for audi,checked the game and everything worked fine. I made another for bmw and everything was working well also. But when i was halfway into creating third pack,after checking if the game works (i check it after every 2-3 car i add) the game just freezes when loading,like when you're add too much stuff with editing dlclist only.
    I assumed it's the same kind of problem and removed previously made audi pack from mods folder and the game loaded completely normally,with all the cars working in third pack,so it should not be something i messed up creating the pack.
    I have everything recommended,heap adjuster,packfile adjuster and gameconfig...i don't know what more do i need and why it is happening,i'd be grateful for any advice with this because it sucks that i can't make anything work
    Thanks in advance

@stcro1 You've probably reached the limit of folders that can be added to the dlcpacks one. You'll have to merge all the vehicles into a single pack if you want to add more.

• @Reyser thanks for answering. I'm sorry but i'm affraid i don't quite understand very well. I've made three packs with 40,45 and 27 addon cars at which point the game stopped loading. Should i put them all into single pack,or the first one i've made?Is that what you mean by merging all vehicles into one single pack. I have cca 400 addons in general,could one pack handle all of that?

edit:
    I created new single pack but it's no good,game freezes in loading screen again...

• @Reyser do we need to change all "FGT" to "bullet" in carchol and carvariations?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.