[Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's

@nasch007 You should assign the new ID to the both numbers that are visible on the tuning metadata information, like the following example:

In carcols.meta:

<kitName>913_CarNameHere_modkit</kitName>
          <id value="913"/>

In carvariations.meta:

<kits>
      <Item>913_CarNameHere_modkit</Item>
    </kits>

There's is a limit for ID numbers, but it is too high so you don't have to worry if you won't install too many Add-On vehicles that contains tunable parts. About the trainer IDs, idk, but never trust them. I always trust what I see with my own eyes on the game files. And a modified gameconfig.xml file is needed if you're going to install more than 1 or 2 Add-On vehicles. Use the F7YO one and you're good to go.

As I said, doesn't matter what you do on dlcpacks if the file you're trying to add is already on update.rpf. The update.rpf will be always the priority ones, you can't change that.

• thanks for your very useful Answers/information @Reyser.

I'm doing a combined wheels/rims addon pakcage, does this line effect any visual or non visual(game physics) in game :
    <rimRadius value="0.348500"/>
    what i mean is can i make all types of wheels have the same value (to speed up the process of editing carcols) ? i found some offroad wheels have different values, and did my test change it but didn't notice any changes.

@develo The line you mention should increase or decrease the rim radius if you change it. I did something similar in-game with the Vstancer mod and it works, the rims radius can be increased/decreased. The thing is that such values should be increased/decreased heavily to notice the changes. Did you try to reduce or increase the value to 0.100000 or 1.000000 and see if it works?

• @Reyser said in [Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's:

Step : Add DATA from replacer cars (if the car you want to put as Add-On didn't have data when you downloaded it, take data from the original game car that it replaces) to "vehicles.meta", "carcols.meta", carvariations.meta" and "handling.meta", which located in "/FOLDERNAME/dlc.rpf/data/" editing them with any text editor.

Could sombody help me with getting those files for the FBI car? Im creating one with FBI6 and FBI7

• @Reyser
    Is it possible that, if you are adding cars with no visual mods, just stat mods (so basically the default mods in Los Santos)... do you need to add a modkit for every car you add in? Or, can you define one modkit with no visual mods, and have all of your added-in cars use that? Why or why not?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I don't know why the game wouldn't let you assign a modkit to multiple vehicles, if there are no actual parts (no .ytds or .ytfs)...

I ask because I'm adding in about 60 realistic cars, and want to give them all close to real world stats, f/r/awd, weight, brake bias and fuel tank capacity... this is a job enough. So I won't have any tuneable parts for now. But I do want each car to be able to go to Los Santos and get the standard upgrades to engine, brake, suspension, etc. So in this case would the above idea work? Do you get what I'm asking?

• @nasch007 said in [Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's:

@Reyser
    Is it possible that, if you are adding cars with no visual mods, just stat mods (so basically the default mods in Los Santos)... do you need to add a modkit for every car you add in? Or, can you define one modkit with no visual mods, and have all of your added-in cars use that? Why or why not?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I don't know why the game wouldn't let you assign a modkit to multiple vehicles, if there are no actual parts (no .ytds or .ytfs)...

I ask because I'm adding in about 60 realistic cars, and want to give them all close to real world stats, f/r/awd, weight, brake bias and fuel tank capacity... this is a job enough. So I won't have any tuneable parts for now. But I do want each car to be able to go to Los Santos and get the standard upgrades to engine, brake, suspension, etc. So in this case would the above idea work? Do you get what I'm asking?

I should add that I'm editing the popgroups.ymt to only spawn my cars, in different areas such as poor, mid, and rich. So theoretically all the vanilla cars would be replaced with mine, with a few exceptions...

@nasch007

Yes, there's an specific modkit that can be used by any vehicle to use only the generic tuning features (engine, suspension, transmission, brakes, etc.).

For that purpose you won't need the carcols.meta files, unless you want to add custom lights/wheels and/or custom tuning parts in the future. Right now you'll only need the carvariations.meta file to define which modkit will use your cars, and the modkit you'll need is:

<kits>
       <Item>0_default_modkit</Item>
    </kits>

The game allows us to use as many times as we want this modkit, but only this one. It works like that because R* had the same problem for most of their vanilla vehicles, which don't have custom tuning parts.

• @Reyser So just to be clear, then, I could have an empty/not supplied carcols.meta?
    In the carvariations, should I still give each car its own individual entry? Just, they will all be the same, except for the "modelname" will be different, and they will all say
    <kits>
    <Item>0_default_modkit</Item>
    </kits>
    And everything is gravy?

This is good news and simplifies things a bit if that's the case.

Thank you sir!!

• @Reyser Wait a sec... does this remove all of the Stat Mods, then? So you cannot use LSC at all? I noticed upon entering my spawned car that LSC wasn't an option on the map. I also entered a random traffic car, and it wasn't an option for that vehicle, either....Does the 0_default_modkit include the stat mods? Or no?

@nasch007 You can have an empty carcols.meta file in there, but be sure to include the basic open/close section tags structure.

The following are the basic open/close section tags:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <CVehicleModelInfoVarGlobal>    
      <Kits>
    SECTION TO DEFINE CUSTOM TUNING PARTS (LEAVE EMPTY IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO INSTALL VEHICLES WITH TUNING PARTS)
      </Kits>
      <lights>
    SECTION FOR CUSTOM VEHICLE LIGHTS (IF YOU WANT TO DEFINE CUSTOM ONES, BUT IS NOT NEEDED)
      </lights>
    </CVehicleModelInfoVarGlobal>

And no, this does not remove the stat mods. You should be able to use LSC as you'd do with any vehicle of the game.

• @Reyser I thought I could leave out the carols.meta completely.... oops! Do you think that was why I wasn't seeing any option for LSC? I think you can see my goal is that all the cars I add-in just have the "standard" modding options, like bulletproof tires, engine upgrade, turbo, etc.

Also, is there a default setting for lights? What should I do if the headlights on an add-in car don't seem to work right (i.e. the light appears on the roof of tunnels instead of a cone lighting the ground in front of the vehicle). I can link a screenshot if you need to see it. Should each car have its own light settings, or can they all share a general one? If so where should I define that?

Thank you again for all your help dude. I want to release this mod back to the community when I finish it and you definitely deserve credit.

@nasch007 I don't think it was causing your problem with LSC generic tuning options. Do they work now or what?

About lights, there are many default values used by Rockstar Games for different kind of vehicles. For example, most of the classic vehicles will use the typical yellowish headlights light color, while the modern and super vehicles will use the white or neon ones.

To know how many different lights colors/variations exists, take a look at "<lights" section of the carcols.ymt file in "update.rpf/x64/data" path, you'll find the Rockstar predefined ones there. Each one of them have a value, which you can use in your carvariations.meta file (the "<lightSettings value="VALUE HERE" />" option of each vehicle section.) data.

Just test the different values until you find one that works fine for your car, or take one as example and try to change it to your own taste.

• @Reyser I'm not at home to test. I'll add the carcols.meta back in and see what happens. I think most of the cars I've added in have a lights value or id somewhere in their definition. Ok to keep that at its default value, I'm assuming, unless it looks really messed up.

• @Reyser
    Yeah so at some point, I did get the LSC options back, after adding in the carcols.meta. Then I added in a third car, the F812 Superfast, and all of a sudden the options disappeared. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is LSC sometimes just not available?

I went through and edited my files and they all look very clean and tight. My carcols.meta looks like your codeblock there now, so I can't fathom what went wrong.

I zipped my files and uploaded them here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00936187855424249261 is it too much to ask you to take a look at them? Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong?

• I think I I figured it out. I had commented out some but not all of the cars in popgroups.ymt that I was not testing. I'm sure some of those cars spawn with mods, so they were expecting stuff in carcols? I found by just leaving in the cars I'm testing right now, LSC appears and works fine. I will add in all my cars and address the issue later if I can figure it out more in depth.

• can u help me with turorial for add on WHEEL PACK

• @Reyser
    I have a problem with parts tuning mods some parts do not go where they should be. For example, the spoilers come out on the glass of the car. What could be happening?

• @Reyser it kinda worked? the game didn't load the stuff for tuning. like the bodykits dont show, they are all invisible,

@LithTheKitten What are you talking about? Don't do questions without even explaining what you did...

• @Reyser hey can you help me i want to combine 2 car into one dlc pack but both of them have their own audio file so i thought i just move the audio file to the dlc pack but in the end only one of the car have sound

@Burney Are you using a pirated game copy? That could be why one of your cars does not have sound.

• @Reyser no i have the steam version on the lastest update too the car that i want to combine is https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/pegassi-monroe-custom-add-on-sounds#description_tab and https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/bravado-gresley-hellhound-add-on-sounds#description_tab if i install each dlc separately they both works but when i combined it one of them don't have a sound *fyi this problem only happen on car that have their own sound not a car that borrow sound from other car

@Burney That's because you forget to insert a new entry for the audio files in the content.xml of your combined DLC. Take a look at both mods content.xml files and find the audio lines that are missing on your combined DLC content.xml file.

• @Reyser ahh just what i suspected so do i just copy the content.xml onto the combined content.xml or do i also need to edit the naming in there ?

@Burney You need to edit it according to the structure that your combined content.xml use. All should be the same except the DLC folder name in the path of the missing audio lines.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.