[Tutorial | Vehicles/Weapons] How to do: Add-On's / Replacer's

• @Akila_Reigns uhm hey its me again. last question bro. if I want to add on cars ill pick the base folder #4 right?

• @migalan I have no idea, I'm really sorry. I think @Reyser should know the answer.

• @Akila_Reigns oh okay thank you very much btw

@migalan I use the 1x Cars and 1x Peds as @Akila_Reigns said. And what do you mean about your last question? All Add-On's are compatible with latest versions of the game, except the one's that use sounds or tuning parts not available for pirate versions of the game.

• @Reyser uhm hey this would be my last question sorry for asking too many questions reyser. I added like 4 add on cars and theres no problem with spawning all of them or anything but my only problem is that i cant tune it all parts says ( 0 0 0 0 stock) in it and only on the horns it shows -9. cant even change the wheels

@migalan Change ID in carcols and carvariations files to another one and try again until they work.

• @Reyser its okay now!! I just studied the codings!! You're the best Reyser! i have like 50 add ons now thanks to you :) :)

• hello im new to gta v, and i was wondering if there was a tutorial on youtube on how to install these mods. Im want to use the lamborghini centenario 1.3a mod by gta5korn

• @dylanez just relax and try to study codings bro! :) like @Reyser said just be patient. for me it took 2 days to get everything right. dont forget to check comments here too you might find something helpful.

• @Akila_Reigns
    @migalan
    Hey guys, yea I read the thing and figured out how to do it at the end of the day. Even though it took me some time Im glad I did it :D

[EDIT] P.S I was wondering a lot of these mods say add-on/replace does that mean I have to do both of them or just choose if I want to do replace or add-on

• @dylanez just choose what you want. don't replace at the same time add on the car

• "Step 5: Use a text editor as Notepad++ and edit the file with the next line (Change FOLDERNAME to name you put to your DLC BASE Folder):

For "dlclist.xml":" No offense, but what in the world does that mean? does that mean add a line that is the name of the folder or does it mean change the name of dlclist.xml to the name of the folder? O.o i really don't understand

@SancrisWolf Didn't you see this?:

<Item>dlcpacks:\DLCFOLDERNAME\</Item>

I mean to change the "DLCFOLDERNAME" word to the name of your new DLC folder and open "dlclist.xml" file with Notepad++ or any other text editor to add the new line inside. When the game reads this file, it will read also this new line of code, and then, will read all the new Add-On folder content to load it in-game.

• Hi there. I'm trying to install Ruff Weld from GTAWiseguy as an add-on.

But I'm stuck at Step 3 because there isn't a dlc.rpf file for me to put into the new dlc folder that I created in update\x64\dlcpacks. The files that are available are only ytd/yft files of the Comet.

Sorry I'm a noob. But I do know how to install an add-on if the given files are already and add-on.

• lol nevermind I'm an idiot. I realized I just forgot the whole base file to install it as an add-on

• Where can I find the respective file for Comet, vehicles.meta, carcols.meta, etc?

@NovaRuk It depends, usually you can find handling and vehicles.meta info in /update/update.rpf/common/data and /update/update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5/ respectively. For carcols and carvariations I don't know, you should check every of this files inside the game files to see if some of them have this info for Comet.

• @Reyser I tried searching comet in any of the carcols.meta I found inside the game files and it was nowhere to be found. Eventually I gave up.:disappointed:

@NovaRuk Did you tried searching in the "carcols.ymt" that's in /update/update.rpf/x64/data/"?

• @Reyser Yeah and there is only carcols.ymt, no carcols.meta.

Anyway, I've downloaded and installed the Progen Tyrus LMS which was meant to be replaced. The car was easy to install because I managed to find the respective original tyrus files to put into dlc.rpf\data.

And yeah I got it working and spawned it in the game. But when I tried to enter it. The game crashed.

Before you ask, I've already edited all the carcols, carvariations, handling and vehicle.meta file. Only changing the car name I supposed?

@NovaRuk You didn't checked correctly the "carcols.ymt" file, because I just found "Comet2" (normal Comet car) tuning parts data inside.

Also, are you using my DLC base folder #4 as base? If no, use it because it should fix the issue when you try to enter to most of the Add-On cars that comes from folders as "MPLUXE", "MPHEISTS", etc That happens when the game try to find the layouts for the specific car but they're not inside the same DLC folder.

• @Reyser ahhh will do. Thank you.

• @Reyser Unfortunately the game still crashed when I tried to enter the added car even after I used your DLC base folder #4. I don't know what I'd do wrong.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?j4676ra9frnpfxu
    Here is the file so you can see it.

@NovaRuk Why are inside the data files that amount of info from other cars that are not inside the DLC folder? Just use data from the Tyrus, all other lines are not needed. And which car are you trying to put as Add-On?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.