[SCRIPT] Smooth & fluid cloudkeyframes.xml cloud transitions/fade in/out (ie no pop-in/out)

• I think the pop-in & pop-out of the cloudkeyframes.xml clouds is a real immersion breaker. If you use QuantV to fade those clouds in & out manually the transition is perfect so it IS possible. It would just be a matter of automating that transition properly when the weather changes (unlike what R* have done & leave it unfinished so that the clouds get to ~10% visible & then suddenly disappear out of sight to be replaced with new clouds that pop-in straight to ~10% visible a few seconds later). It's hard to un-notice it once you clock it happening :/.
    I've created my own timecycle/edited files to hide the pop-in/out & although it does look nice & so far hides the pop-in/out it restricts my full creativity with only certain weathers being able to appear in a certain order after one another (at times anyway). I can live with it but I would really like 100% control over the creative process & smooth unobtrusive cloud transitions would help a LOT :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Thanks to anyone who considers doing this :thumbsup:

• I could dig that.

It's true - when you have a clear view of the sky (pretty much everywhere beyond Los Santos) it indeed looks as if there is something otherworldly going on with the clouds. :/

Also, I think GTA clouds are not even volumetric objects... I could be wrong though - did not have many occasions to analyze this. You would think it is a standard these days but... who knows?

• @TheMurderousCricket
    Aye, they're just a simple 2d mesh with a texture over them. No volumetric. You can get them to spin/move around the GTAV world but they never change shape. They're ok (without all the 'hey, look at meee! Peek-a-boo! I'm a magical cloud. Oh...:disappointed:, sorry... I didn't mean to make you crash your car. Are we still friends?').
    They're good in darker, moodier weathers, not so great in dusk lighting or with the Sun behind them :slight_frown:.

Ah it's past noon, carry on drinking!

I've dropped your request in the #requests channel in our discord too, rooting for it to happen

btw CW is at v30dev6 over at dexyfex' discord, might want to grab the latest

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.