Using Enhanced Native Trainer, but some of the cars don't have tuning. Not even basic stats tuning. I am out of ideas.

• Hello all,

I had been using Enhanced Native Trainer since I started modding GTA V, but one thing had been bugging me throughout all this time. Some of the cars don't seem to have tuning - more specifically Online only cars, as far as I know (not all of them). Examples include - Tampa (which I am the most upset about), most of the "custom" versions of some of the muscle cars, or sports classics like voodoo custom, tornado custom and others etc. But Faction Custom, for example has tuning, as does Buccaneer Custom. Strange issue.

Is this a bug in Enhanced native trainer, or am I missing something? I only use addon cars, so I can't imagine any sort of incompatibilities, but then again, my modding knowledge is very limited, so I dunno.

Any way to solve this?

Cheers

@Frostelis
    You'll probably find that if you disable those addon cars from dlclist.xml the tuning on the vanilla cars returns back to normal

Most authors set the modkit ID to something beyond the value of 1024 in which case the game transforms it to something in the range of 0 - 1024 thus making a vanilla car lose its tuning possibilities

It's all in the numbers

• @ReNNie That makes perfect sense. Alrighty, we know the root of my problem, is there any way to go around it without disabling a few hundred of my car addons? Perhaps I could copy the files that contain Tampa and other affected cars and change their IDs? I've no idea where to start, though. I dunno which folder/patch contains Tampa. Or if this would even work. Could you advise on the best solution to this? Thanks for helping

@Frostelis
    afraid not, best to revisit each of those add-ons individually
    then drag out carcols.meta and carvariations.meta and set the modkit number yourself and drag back in the edited files
    start at 1024 and work your way back, reserve 0 - 450 for R* current and future vanilla tuning modkit_ID's
    best to use a Excel sheet to keep track on what vehicle uses what modkit

in future when adding a new addon, before starting the game to test, first set the modkit_ID to a free number for your game before going in

• @ReNNie Ah, thanks. Well, the solution is clear, but very tedious. I'll probably just use the Stock Tampa with no enhancements, as going through a hundred plus addon mods and changing their id's from 1024+ to lower (but not lower than 450 as I understood) for one car is just not worth it, heh. As I understood, in the future I should lower any added addon car's id number to lower than 1024 as well, yes? Any number down to 450 will do as long as it doesn't interfere with another same number, right? Just checking my facts for future reference.

Case solved, too.

Cheers

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.