Replacing vanilla vehicle mods

• So I'm hoping someone could help me with this: I replace most vanilla vehicles with cars that are meant to be add-ons. (Mostly because a replace version doesn't exist) Many of these add-on vehicles come with tuning parts. I would like to be able to use these tuning parts in game. I know I can just backup and delete the vanilla tuning parts, and add the new ones, and I'm also fairly certain that I can edit the carcols file to get the car to use the new mods, as long as I don't change the modkit name. Will this work, or is there a step that I'm missing

• @pigbenis80
    It should be OK if you make no mistake in Any file(carcols, carvariations, vehicles, handling, vehiclelayouts...).
    Sometimes it s a bit tricky to find the good files location, because of updates you can have many of these files refering to the car you try to replace.
    Now I am curious, aren t you experiencing a lot of crashes having replaced so many vehicles ?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.