[YMAP] Cars fall through garage floor

• So I've installed a couple ymap format houses and they load in the world just fine. After getting a couple vehicles to them I wanted to see if I could use vehicle persistence mods to save cars in the garages. But to my surprise, they fall through the floor! At first I thought it was just one house, so I tried another one; same problem!

I'm using Map Builder 1.04 Community SP. I've double checked my dlclist.xml and all my other mods are working just fine. This seems like a very specific thing, because if the cars can't remain on the ground surface of the ymap house, then how how come I can't fall through?

If anyone knows a thing or two about YMAP objects and cars, any help would be appreciated.

also, I'm running GTA V (version 1.0.1180.2 standalone) and I updated OpenIV, ScriptHookV, ScriptHookVDotNet.

(UPDATE)
    so I've discovered that cars will not fall through the floor if there is a carpet or rug present. So. . . . that's cool, if only I knew how to add carpets to the garage lol.

• @OeWTpXD1vKwN I ran into this issue making my "interior" with map editor at first. It's because using map editor or menyoo to build it, it's just placing props and calling it a day, then basically the floor disappears once you get far enough away since the game doesn't think it needs to load those props since you aren't in the area, so your cars fall through. Also you will have rain in the "interior" and any props "inside" of said "interior". Only true fix as far as I know is to make a Mlo interior. I am making a Mlo to update my map editor made mod because I had the exact same issues. It now works as it should, can go to opposite side of the map and everything stays in place. It's a bunch of work to do a Mlo interior though. I keep using quotations around an "interior" made with ME or Menyoo because they just aren't actually interiors.

• @chonkie Interesting stuff man, I looked up mlo interiors and it seems that mlo's have collision mapping and whatnot to prevent props from disappearing. Yeah, it does seem like a lot of work, but worth knowing about if I ever start making my own maps.

I think I'll just stick to figuring out how to edit ymap files, since I just need to add some rug objects to the floor and voila! Cars remain in place. I wish I understood why lol.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.