[VEHICLE] [WIP] Vehicle Tuning Parts as Props - I need some help!

• (This post will be updated as I make progress)

What I'm attempting to do is turn GTA 5 vanilla vehicle tuning parts into props so you can spawn them in with Menyoo/MapEditor/etc. and then attach them to any vehicle.

=Current Progress=
    Inside mods/update/x64/dlcpacks/mpchristmas2018/dlc/x64/levels/gta5/props/ I've made a new rpf: "prop_arena_addon.rpf"

Inside "prop_arena_addon.rpf":

• test files: "imperator_spear_r.yft", "imperator_spear2_r.yft", "dbike2_tail.yft", "cerb_scoop_c.yft" (I've added "prop_" before each to stop naming conflicts)
    • all required textures that I'm aware of inside my custom texture dictionary, "vehshare_all.ytd"
    • my custom "xs_prop_arena_addon.ytyp" that defines the above objects and points to the textures file
    • inside mods/update/x64/dlcpacks/mpchristmas2018/dlc/content.xml with added lines to enable the rpf and ytyp files

Result: I'm able to successfully spawn each prop with Menyoo

=Current Problems=

• Props not using all the correct textures - some parts of the props are green or pink, or other - see below images for details
      what my prop looks like:
      cerb_scoop_c
      what it's supposed to look like:
      cerb_scoop_c

what my prop looks like:
    imperator_spear2_r
    imperator_spear2_r

what my prop looks like:
    imperator_spear_r
    imperator_spear_r

what my prop looks like:
    dbike2_tail
    dbike2_tail

=My Questions=

• Where/how do normal vehicles get their paint color when they spawn in - is there a file somewhere that contains the color textures or are they defined by code?
    • How do normal vehicle tuning parts get their textures and paint colors (when applicable) - they seem to inherit them from their parent vehicle, is this correct?
    • What is the difference between Fragment Objects and Drawable Objects? Should I convert the .yft files I'm using to .ydr? (it seems that most vanilla GTA props are .ydr files)
    • Where is the greenish texture/color on the spawned objects coming from? (refer to pictures)
    • Is there a limit to how many DDS images can be in a .ytd? If so, what is the limit?

• Wouldn't know how but the parts are clearly not loading textures. You need to embed them in the model I think.

• @GreenAid I tried doing that along with converting the .yft to a .ydr (most GTA5 props are .ydr) but still have the same result. The strangest thing is that the models look just fine in Zmodeler and in OpenIV, it's just in-game that their textures go weird... could it be a graphics mod I have installed, like VisualV?

• This project is on hold until I can get a subscription to Zmodeler 3, as both my 15-day trials for my desktop and laptop are done, but help is still welcome and appreciated.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.