[SCRIPT] A peaceful GTA mod

• Helo modder,

I played GTA for a long time but meanwhile it would be much more enjoyable to play a game without weapons or a game in which the player could choose if he want to play a legal or illegal life.
    I think people like playing games with violence until they are allowed to do. I played Battlefield, COD, GTA and all the others before I was 18 years old. Think this is quite normal today. But with my 18. birthday i wanted to play the games which I played in the Age of 10 or 12 like Settlers or Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.
    I was searching for a long time for a real play game like GTA in which you can play a normal life. Maybe a mix between The Sims and GTA would be a perfect game for people from 14 till at least 30. But I had to ascertain that there is no peaceful version of GTA or something else. No game in which you just drive a bus or sell a car in a legal way. There are so much opportunities to create such a game like preferments or or you could also be fired and have to search for some bottles to get the deposit. Unfortunately there is no game like that so I have to hope that some day someone will create it.
    I have no idea about modding so I can not create my own mod but with this I want to ask if some of you are interested in creating something like a "Peaceful" GTA mod. A mod in which you can decide if you want to sell some cars and rise in this job with the time or doing a bank robbery and maybe get into prison for a long time.

MfG. PlyF

• @PlyF There's a jobs script, and it lets you go to college and get a legal job. The prison life mod also lets you get arrested and go to prison.

• I'm going to give this a bump.

I know people will think idea would be stupid, but I believe it would be great for those who want to have a real life role-play or for those who don't want any violence. An example: Children. It would be great if children could play GTA with all its virtues but removing cuss words and the ability to kill someone (only stun).

I remember when I was a child and my parents for several years, once they realized there was strong violence, sexual content and extreme violence, they banned the game from me despite the fact I at the time only wanted to role-play and drive around in my car.

Turn GTA V from PEGI +18 to +3? ( I think it would be worth it for many children.

I'm not saying I would play this myself, but I do know some people who would be interested, so I speak on behalf of them! :slight_smile:

• @Hyper-Droid I wonder if you could completely disable the weapon system, including the weapon wheel? If you could do that, you could probably disable the melee attack controls while you were on foot, which would effectively remove the combat from the game completely.

@LeeC2202 There is a native function to disable certain HUD elements: HIDE_SCRIPTED_HUD_COMPONENT_THIS_FRAME(int id)
    The IDs are:
    HUD = 0;
    HUD_WANTED_STARS = 1;
    HUD_WEAPON_ICON = 2;
    HUD_CASH = 3;
    HUD_MP_CASH = 4;
    HUD_MP_MESSAGE = 5;
    HUD_VEHICLE_NAME = 6;
    HUD_AREA_NAME = 7;
    HUD_VEHICLE_CLASS = 8;
    HUD_STREET_NAME = 9;
    HUD_HELP_TEXT = 10;
    HUD_FLOATING_HELP_TEXT_1 = 11;
    HUD_FLOATING_HELP_TEXT_2 = 12;
    HUD_CASH_CHANGE = 13;
    HUD_RETICLE = 14;
    HUD_SUBTITLE_TEXT = 15;
    HUD_RADIO_STATIONS = 16;
    HUD_SAVING_GAME = 17;
    HUD_GAME_STREAM = 18;
    HUD_WEAPON_WHEEL = 19;
    HUD_WEAPON_WHEEL_STATS = 20;
    MAX_HUD_COMPONENTS = 21;
    MAX_HUD_WEAPONS = 22;
    MAX_SCRIPTED_HUD_COMPONENTS = 141;

Then you can remove all weapons and disable the attack control. There's some functions to disable ped speech too. Pair that with "Everyone ignores player" and the game might be a little more peaceful :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But anyways, a similar mod exists, @PlyF

• @stillhere I can't believe I forgot about that mod... derp! :blush:

Oh and that info = very useful... thanks for posting that. :)

• @stillhere Wow, well played! I'm going to take note of this and let some colleges of mine know that their little brothers and sisters can have a go at this! ;)

@LeeC2202 Agreed!

• @stillhere I meant to post this earlier. As well as being able to do those individually, there is also this:

Function.Call(Hash.SET_WIDESCREEN_BORDERS, true, 1);

That turns off all HUD displays in one go, which is what I use when my cinematic camera is active.

I actually found that on a GTAIV site when I was looking at doing a widescreen type effect. I don't know what it's really supposed to do but going off the comments I read, all it does is remove the hud. Quick and easy and you just set it to false to turn everything back on.

You don't have to do it in the OnTick either.

@LeeC2202 Nice, that's definitely easier! I guess if you wanted just the minimap, you could call that function once then call the function to show the minimap right after that, and only the minimap will be enabled?

• @stillhere I'm not sure if you can re-enable parts of the hud after using that, you'd have to give it a go.

• @Think_Tank
    Where can I find this College mod?

• Thanks for your posts but I think just deleting the weapons and other attacks would be a bit boring. I found a lot of legal job mods like Firemen, Policemen or Trashmaster but this would also getting bored after some time. It would be really nice if you could play for example the trashmaster mod and after some jobs you will get promoted and earn more money or somethimg like this.

• @PlyF In your first post you said:

I played GTA for a long time but meanwhile it would be much more enjoyable to play a game without weapons

But now you're saying:

but I think just deleting the weapons and other attacks would be a bit boring.

So would it be much more enjoyable without weapons, or boring? Sorry, I'm confused. :confused:

• @PlyF https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/jobsv sense lots of the jobs in it don't have mini games due to that not being possible yet, so I don't know how boring that will be, I never watched gameplay for it.

• @LeeC2202 Sorry for confusing.
    I meant GTA would be a bit boring if you only delete the weapons but do not add something new. Without guns there are not this much activities to do in GTA like the new jobs I mentioned before.

• @Think_Tank Thank you for your link I did not see this mod before.
    I will try it the next days.

• @PlyF Ah, that makes sense then... thank you for explaining.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.