How to instal Mods

• Hello!
    My name is Pug. I just brought GTA 5 (7 Disc box) from Walmart. How do I instal mod such as car replacements and clothing. I looked for videos to assist with this issue on YouTube, but there all dedicated for those who use the Steam application. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Hello @chonkie ! I checked the link but didn’t see an answer. Just someone with a question similar to mine. Do you have a solution?

• @PugS Copied this from your original post, "How do I instal mod such as car replacements and clothing."

Copied and pasted from the link I posted.
    Installing mods
    Resource replacement mods (peds, vehicles, maps)
    If you download a mod that replaces an original resource, like a vehicle mod that replaces a default vehicle, you'll need to use OpenIV. The mod you download should have come with instructions with which file to replace in which exact folder and archive. FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTIONS.

Resource add-on mods (peds, vehicles, maps)
    If you download a mod that's marked as an add-on, it means it doesn't replace existing resources. They are added as DLCs. In general they follow the following set-up:

The data files are placed in GTAV_root/mods/update/x64/dlcpacks/<mod name>/dlc.rpf
    The entry is added to dlclist.xml. The exact location is GTAV_root/mods/update/update.rpf/common/data/dlclist.xml. This entry looks like <Item>dlcpacks:/<mod name>/</Item>
    When adding an entry to dlclist.xml, take care to keep the opening and closing tags being exactly Item. If they are different, the file is invalidated.

Ps. Oh, is that 7 disc box set for PC or console? Console modding isn't supported here if it is.

• 7 disc box set for Pc @chonkie

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.