Lore-Friendly soft drink names?

• In the GTA Universe we have

eCola
    Fab Cola
    Sprunk
    FunCola
    Orang-O-Tang
    Junk Energy Drink

There might be a few more soft drinks I missed but I'm not sure. So what would Dr. Peppers Lore-Friendly GTA counterpart name be?

• Dr.Saltman, Dr.Pfister (!), Dr.Pfeffer are what comes to my mind at first :blush:

You forgot about "Junk Energy Drink".

• One could possibly also replace real-world "Tiger" energy drink for "Cougar" / "Mountain Lion" (basically the same animal) energy drink.

• @TheMurderousCricket Dr.Pfister and Dr.Pfeffer sound good, I'm sure there is a lore-friendly name for dr pepper but we just don't know it. I also wasn't sure if I should add Junk Energy Drink as a drink to the list but it's there now.

• Only nitpick with the Dr.Pfister nametag is due to the Pfister (based on Porsche) auto manufacturer in the GTA universe.

• @Anonymoused281 said in Lore-Friendly soft drink names?:

Only nitpick with the Dr.Pfister nametag is due to the Pfister (based on Porsche) auto manufacturer in the GTA universe.

Exactly. But... @TheGreatLugwiny, what is your actual goal here? Because at first I understood that you are just asking this question "just for fun"? Or do you attempt an actual research into what is Dr.Peppers' counterpart?

I don't think there really is one. None of the can / bottle graphics looks familiar. :slight_smile:

• @TheMurderousCricket Both actually. I'm creating Lore-Friendly textures for the mp character clothing that came in the cunning stunts DLC and I'm also retexturing soda cans, trucks and racecar liverys for FunCola and the Dr. Pepper counterpart. I just need to find a good name for Dr. Pepper. I also think it's pretty weird how rockstar completely ignores Dr. Pepper in the GTA universe

• @TheGreatLugwiny said in Lore-Friendly soft drink names?:

I also think it's pretty weird how rockstar completely ignores Dr. Pepper in the GTA universe

I don't really think Dr.Pepper is a mainstream drink @TheGreatLugwiny. In my country, you can buy Coca Cola (e-Cola), Fanta (FunCola) or Sprite (Sprunk) in literally any shop. Even in the smallest town. Dr.Pepper is usually available only in big shopping malls. I have never seen it in my neighborhood store for example.

Then again, you have to remember that it would be impossible for R* to incorporate all possible brands into a game. ;)

But, if you want to play with liveries and brand I would seriously consider:

• Dr.Saltman (a word play made through an oxymoron use)
    • Dr. Pfeffer (which could be a fun way to mock a practice of "foreign branding")

"Cougar" for "Tiger" also seems like a good choice. There is quite a few of these critters around San Andreas, so why not?

Also, this name would also imitate Rockstar's famous (notorious, you might say) obsession with sexual references. But on the other hand, the ones that are in the vanilla game are already an overkill, so it's probably not the right direction... Still, lore-friendly to the nines.

• @TheMurderousCricket True... I mean rockstar is a UK company so it would make sense for them to not know all of the soda names but still. I think I am going to go with Dr. Pfeffer, to me it sounds the best so far, anyway thanks for the help with the name for Dr. Pepper or Dr. Pfeffer I mean.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.