Where can I find the scripts, that Rockstar coded?

• Hey all,

So I want to know if there's a place where Rockstar keeps all of its scripts. Also by scripts I mean the things that Rockstar coded into the game, such as Franklin and Lamar's race, and not the actual script for the storyline.

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

• @peterh0lland
    Don't know much about scripts but I will have a go.

I think you can find most of them here:

...\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\script\script_rel.rpf

& here:

...\mods\x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mppilot\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\script\script_release.rpf

The scripts are in '.ysc' files (maybe other file types elsewhere, not sure). OpenIV can't open them & they are also encrypted so will need to be decrypted somehow before you can edit them.

There is more script related stuff in other files dotted about but mostly in the '.rpf' archives mentioned above. I found that by using OpenIV's Ctrl+F3 search capability & searching for 'script'. If you do the same, you'll find them :thumbsup:
    I doubt I'll be able to help you past this point but hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction.
    Best of luck :thumbsup:

• There are even decompiled scripts on 5mods somewhere, anyway if you're looking to edit scripts, that's not possible

• @a63nt-5m1th Awesome! Thank you for this, I never used OpenIV before but I'll use it to check the locations you posted. Thanks again mate :)

• @peterh0lland
    No probs bud :thumbsup:

• I can guarantee that R* would not be obliged to share their source code as it'd be a bit of an error on their side giving access to the stuff they're working on and having people release them earlier then the original provider

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.