[SCRIPT] [RELEASED] Drive modes & Custom vehicle cameras

Hello!
    I've been working on this mod for maybe a month now, and thought I'd create a topic about it. This idea came from a request by @Senator3211 .

What is it?
    Right now, there are 3 main functions:

1. Drive modes:
    • You can switch between 5 different driving styles! Eco Pro, Comfort, Default, Sport, and Sport+.
    • Each mode has it's own settings, such as suspension values, traction values, max speed, acceleration multiplier, and engine power multiplier. Each vehicle can have its own unique settings for each mode! Of course, there is a customizable HUD that tells you which mode you are in.
    1. Two Three custom cameras for each vehicle!
    • You can switch between a first-person type camera, a bonnet/fixed type camera, and a third-person type camera. Both are almost fully customizable at this point. And yes, each vehicle has it's own camera settings!
    1. Fully editable!
    • You can edit all the above through a NativeUI menu. This includes the drive mode settings for each mode PER vehicle, the HUD positioning and style, and the 3 vehicle cameras.

What I still need to complete

• I gotta fix this very annoying bug with the third-person camera. Fixed, thanks to LeeC2202!!
    • The first-person camera can be blocked by your character's head depending on it's position. Not sure if I can fix this Fixed as well, thanks to - you guessed it - LeeC2202!!

More info to come..

• @stillhere Sounds amazing. Good luck. :)

• been waiting for this for a long time, will it actually change values though

@Frazzlee I've been chatting with ikt, getting help with memory address editing in SHVdotNet. If it works out then it will actually change handling.meta values just like his script. Right now it's just basic torque/engine multipliers, "fake" suspension (like my other mod), and max speed limiter. I want to get real suspension editing and maybe dampening and body roll in there.

• @stillhere If you need help with handling values I'd love to help, if we could do like presets for SUV's,supercars, Sedans etc... I know all handling values and what they do so I could help you if you want

@Frazzlee Yeah that sounds really interesting, I'd love that! Once I figure out these memAddress issues I can send you a PM and work this out.

• Finally somebody has come with this really needed mod! Hurrahh!!

• @stillhere Sure thing

• @stillhere

Is there anyway to edit the vehicle bonnet camera's position?
    The view you can toggle in the options?

@rastakilla you can edit the "first-person" camera location to the bonnet and it looks quite good! I decided I will implement a third camera option for this though, so that the user doesn't have to choose between a first-person view or a bonnet view; they can have both :D

• @stillhere said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] Drive modes & Custom vehicle cameras:

@rastakilla you can edit the "first-person" camera location to the bonnet and it looks quite good! I decided I will implement a third camera option for this though, so that the user doesn't have to choose between a first-person view or a bonnet view; they can have both :D

Oh sweet looking forward to it!

The mod is almost ready to go! Here's a closer look at the HUD editor and camera modes:

So while waiting for some beta testing, I found a couple bugs that I managed to fix with the Drive Mode editor. On a slightly unrelated note, here's how the custom cameras look like on a motorcycle:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.