This topic summarizes what you can expect from the moderation team, and what the moderation team expects from you.
Mod uploads for FiveM and other platforms
About FiveM and other online platforms mods for PC that have nothing to do with GTA:Online:
1.- This is a PC Singleplayer mods site mainly. This means that in order to upload mods made for these online platforms you'll have to include a main Singleplayer version as well. Of course, the Singleplayer version should work correctly. Any mod uploaded without a fully working SP version will be rejected.
2.- That kind of mod uploads should also respect the rules and regulations about descriptions and screenshots posted below these lines. In this case, the installation instructions should be clear and provided for both platforms (Singleplayer and the online one that your mod supports/works with).
VERY IMPORTANT: Mod uploads that the moderation team consider are clearly made for Roleplay purposes mainly (even if they include a Singleplayer version to bypass the first rule) will be rejected. This rule applies for old and new mod uploads.
Descriptions, tags and screenshots
A mod description should be complete and understandable by everybody. It needs to have at least the following information in order to be accepted:
- The description in English is mandatory. Additional languages are allowed.
- A summary of what the mod is, does and/or changes.
- Features and bugs a user can expect should be mentioned.
- Installation instructions for any kind of mod (except developer resources that can't be installed) should be provided (either inside the archive too, but must be part of the description field when uploading your mod -- so people can decide, early on, whether they're willing or able to comply with the installation needs for your mod).
- Dependencies to other mods and tools should be mentioned.
- When using third-party resources, the original authors must be credited.
- When using third-party resources, the original resources must be linked.
Try to format your description nicely with the allowed HTML tags.
An example of proper credits and linking:
<!-- Don't forget to attach in-game screenshots of your mod if applicable! --> <!-- You can remove this template if you have your own style. --> <b>Short description</b> <!-- Please provide a description for your mod --> <b>Features and bugs</b> <!-- Please tell users what features they can expect, and what pending issues still exist, if any --> <b>Installation instructions</b> <!-- Please explain how users can install your mod and what they need --> <b>Credits</b> Original model: <a href="https://link-to-original-model/">Vehicle Name by Author</a> (Permission given to modify)
Please don't abuse the tags system when uploading mods. Using tags that don't at all fit the upload content is forbidden and can cause rejection of the upload and a warning from a moderator to the uploader.
To ensure correct usage of the tags system, please make sure to comply with the following guidelines about exclusive tags for the respective mod categories:
"Wheels": Reserved for vehicle mods which include additional (Add-On) custom wheels in the same vehicle mod package and/or for wheels exclusive mods only (e.g. ADV1 Wheels Pack 2)
"Sound": Reserved for real sound mods and/or vehicle mods which include non-vanilla sound files. Not allowed the usage for sound swap mods.
"Handling": Reserved for mods that consist and/or include relevant handling.meta edits to change a vehicle handling behaviour.
"Menyoo": Reserved for mods made with Menyoo trainer exclusively.
"Lore-Friendly" & Vanilla-Edit: Both reserved for lore vehicle mod authors. Not meant and shouldn't be used in real life vehicle mods. Note: The Lore-Friendly tag is currently unavailable for users to add it from the tags list. It should be requested to and added by a moderator if it fits the upload content.
This category includes the "Add-On" tag guidelines mentioned before.
"Map Model": Reserved for real map models only (e.g. Nurburgring Nordschleife). Menyoo, Map Editor and YMAP among other map mods shouldn't use this tag.
"Interior": Reserved for real MLO mods (e.g. GTA IV Burgershot Interior). As with the previous tag, Menyoo/Map Editor/YMAP mods are not MLO's and shouldn't use this tag.
"Franklin", "Michael" & "Trevor": Reserved for ped mods that can be used with any of the 3 main peds/players respectively. MPmale/female and other ped mods shouldn't use them.
"Skin": Reserved for real skin mods that actually change the base player appareance and/or add/changes random peds, not just the clothes (e.g. Momiji from Dead or Alive | HD CJ Beta).
This category includes the "Add-On" tag guidelines mentioned before.
Other categories and tags
If they're not mentioned previously is because they're very specific and/or very self-descriptive tags. We didn't want to make this longer than should and that's why we didn't include them here.
Still, please make sure to use the logic and the previous guidelines in order to put and use the correct tags in your uploads.
This overview is not exhaustive and depending on contents of your mod, moderators can ask you to provide additional relevant information and/or apply specific changes to your uploads.
Your uploads main image must be an in-game screenshot (mandatory) or otherwise representative image (if in-game screenshots are not possible because of the mod nature) of your upload.
Exceptions apply when its effects can not be captured in a screenshot or represented with a render. In this case, you are free to use other material as long as it depicts or represents your mod.
Screenshots of objects like vehicles, paintjobs, weapons and peds must be well-lit.
Credits, Permissions and copyright
Using third-party content is allowed if the original author is credited and their terms or license on their works are complied with. When reaching an agreement, please make this clear in your description as any uncertainty might result in a rejection of your submission.
- Re-releases: You may not re-release an existing release from GTA5-Mods (or parts thereof), unless the original author has given you express permission. If you have made a change to their mod, prefer contacting them to add your changes to their existing upload. This includes mod packs.
- Copyrighted media: You may not upload copyrighted media, unless you have permission from the rightholders. (E.g. an album of a popular artist uploaded as "loading music")
- Dependencies: You may not include third-party libraries in your upload when they are regularly updated outside of your mod, as this could affect compatibility of other mods. (E.g. ScriptHookV and NativeUI)
- Revoking permission: If you have given permission for a mod author to use some of your work, and change your mind later, we do not retroactively reject existing uploads that contain the content you revoked permission for.
Updated and/or fixed scripts
We realize scripts are prone to breaking, and might just work again with a few small fixes in the binary. Due to this, we allow updates to abandoned scripts, but under specific conditions:
- Get permission from the original author.
- If permission is granted, a small notice is sufficient.
- Demonstrate your serious attempts to contact the original author
- The original author should have at least 7 days to respond.
- When there is no response, an upload may be approved under the following conditions
The following points always apply:
- Always use the following name:
<Original author> & <You>. For example:
InfamousSabre & ikt.
- You cannot upload an update if permission was denied for any reason.
- Add as much of the original description as possible, including installation and usage instructions, if present.
No-response acceptance conditions
- Add a note in the description for full transparency that it's an update to an existing mod by you.
- Tag the original author in a comment, explaining the situation.
- Understand that your upload will be taken down immediately, if the original author calls for it.
<b><a href="https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/speedometer-improvedalexbladeversion">LeFix Speedometer (Original)</a></b> <b>Note</b> I've fixed the mod by updating the offsets, such that it works on version v1.0.xxxx.y.
It's also recommended to place such a note if permission was obtained, but not required.
It's allowed to promote your own other channels and social media, such as Patreon, as long as you don't overdo it. Here are a few things you should not do:
- Upload images that promote your other channels and do not have anything to do with your mod (so no screenshots on Patreon-only content on the mod-upload page)
- Using the description area to advertise content from your other channels
- Filling the description area with more links and advertisements than actually describing the mod, there's a link to your Patreon next to your profile picture
We want everyone to create mods and release them for others to use and learn.
However, we do expect you to follow some quality guidelines.
- Overall Quality: Mods need to show 'minimal effort' on the part of the creator; and consequently not be something people can very easily do themselves, like a spooner file with just a few teleport markers, placing a helipad, or just putting a gate in front of a police station, etc.
- Presentation: Your upload needs to have a representative image/screenshot and a good description.
- Tutorials: Content generated from a tutorial or tool is not allowed, unless you have modified them substantially.
- Stability: Bugs are expected. Try to thoroughly test your mod before releasing it.
Emergency content from various countries
- Any new emergency content mod must be complete by itself, and not require an external download.
- The emergency content uploads must conform to base game standards, and still follow the rest requirements.
To avoid oversaturation, mods featuring emergency content already hosted on our website (from the same country or region, and/or of the same type), must be of similar or higher quality as/than the ones available on our site at the time of upload. We reserve the right to assess the quality according to the above-mentioned standards and may remove emergency content we feel do not satisfy these standards at our sole discretion.
Note: We're no longer accepting paintjob mod uploads that are not lore-friendly and meant to be used on lore-friendly/vanilla vehicle models. This applies to emergency content only.
User interaction and behavior
It's important that you interact with users in your comments, however, make sure to follow the community guidelines.
We encourage constructive criticism. Criticism and ratings without constructive feedback are not tolerated and will be removed.
If you notice an offending upload or comment, report the offending upload or comment and do not reply to the comment. Replying only makes it worse.
Stolen mods or mod content
If you notice your or someone else's content is being shared without permission, report the offending mod with
- proof the content belongs to you or the original author. (E.g. side-by-side comparisons of models/textures)
- note of the specific assets shared without permission. (E.g. a specific model or texture file name)
Moderators need as much information as possible to judge fairly and quickly. Unless sufficient information is provided, moderators can not perform any action.
Reports without sufficient information will be dismissed without further notice.
If possible, try to diffuse the situation yourself by politely requesting the author to fix shortcomings, as mistakes can be made and credits can be forgotten.
These rules may be changed as the moderation team sees fit, for added clarity about encountered situations or for changes in actual moderation decisions.
The moderation team has the right to remove, reject and edit uploads, comments, reports and forum posts at any time. For a rejected mod upload, if you do not agree with a decision, discuss this in the comment section of your upload.
For comments, reports and forum posts, if you do not agree with a decision, create a thread in Site-related Questions & Feedback for clarification and/or discussion.
If you have doubts about these rules or need clarification, please create a thread in Site-related Questions & Feedback.