Which Patchday[ ]ng Folder to Install Weapon Mods?

• I just started trying to install weapon mods for the first time and its been a pain in my ass compared to installing any other mod. For example, I try to install this Glock 26 (https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/glock-26) into

Grand Theft Auto V\Mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday8ng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\weapons.rpf\

as instructed but I get a main menu crash stating "Failed zlib call" and upon removing the patchday8ng from my mod folder and replacing it with a clean one from the main folder, the game boots up and runs fine. I've tried to install. I've tried several other weapon mods that use 'patchday8ng' but i get the same type of game crash that requires me to verify the game and manually delete the rpf from the mod folder.

So assuming i'm using the latest version of the retail copy of the game...where do I install weapon mods? I keep seeing instructions to install patchday3ng or patchday9ng and I honestly don't know how or why it works like that.

• It seems each update can change where files need to be placed. Trial & error man. Trial & error. I feel your pain heh.

• @trabas omg that worked, thank u!

• We are here to support us and share ;)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.