Retro Five! - Glorious 1950s LS!

@aidenpatrickPGH

Can you please make your map additions a DLC add-on?

• Loving the pics here, a real map mod with more 'classic' style buildings like cental LS would be amazing. It's a shame we can't import assets from LA Noire to use in this, I remember someone made a Cole Phelps ped model for IV that was converted but doing so now would get us in a heap of troubles.

@aidenpatrickPGH any screen shots bro?

• @wapster
    I don't think they would bother if we did that, I don't see them making a sequel to the franchise anytime soon.
    Also if that were done, the buildings would need an overhaul in regards of textures if not details of the model itself. So they wouldn't be directly ripped models from noire anymore.
    The problem however is getting the models, I've tried to get some assets before but the available tools are so limited that using a 3D ripper would be the only option. 3D ripper doesn't work very well with LA noire so alot of manual work would need to be done. But it certainly is not impossible.

• @wapster Is it not possible to import textures from LA Noire? I'm sure I can find a way if there isn't already one available.

@Biggdogg As of now, the only screenshots I have are the ones above earlier up in the thread. Need to get a GPU replaced, GTA won't even open as of right now. I've got one game that actually works, and that's just what I've had to play while I'm not working on Retro Five textures. I do assure you though, the project is on track for the August 29th release day.

• Official Statement:

No, the Retro Five project is not canceled. I am still hard at work on the project. One of my graphics cards died, as some of you may already know. Neither of them actually work properly, but the dead one I have confirmed to have a hardware issue, I still need to RMA it. Right now I'm touching up textures and making sure everything works properly since I can't actually check for myself so that I can get the OIV files made along with the trailer produced. I am unsure of when I expect to release Retro Five, hoping sometime before Thanksgiving, and hoping to have a few teaser trailers ready before Halloween. ;)

Thanks for your patience everyone, I know you're all very eagerly waiting for this. I've received many messages asking whether Retro Five is still happening, that's why I've decided to address that here.

If you want to take part in the project, whether you just want to help out in speeding up the process or you want your mod to be included in the package (with credit of course!), just let me know!

Thanks.

Do you have any questions? Ask away!

• @DarthPungz I will look into that. If I can't do that, I do plan on including an OIV installation file that reverts the game textures and graphical settings back to stock easily.

@aidenpatrickPGH Glad to see this mod is still in the works, can't wait bro

• @aidenpatrickPGH Hi there

When did you will uploaded your map edition with all thoses nices vintage advertising?

PS: I m still working on the 50"s police man

• @toitoine66 Hopefully within a few weeks. Thanksgiving is my goal. :D

• Great man !
    0_1507380752251_KHJKH.jpg

Oh shit i m gone too far in time ^^

• Anyone plan on getting LA Noire Remastered? :thinking:

• @aidenpatrickPGH yes it’s my favorite game!

• @maybach123 Same! Other than San Andreas, it's prob my favorite Rockstar game.

PM me.

• I'm really looking forward to this mod

• What's the current status of this project?

• @SLY95ZER
    @aidenpatrickPGH said in Retro Five! - Glorious 1950s LS!:

Official Statement:

No, the Retro Five project is not canceled. I am still hard at work on the project. One of my graphics cards died, as some of you may already know. Neither of them actually work properly, but the dead one I have confirmed to have a hardware issue, I still need to RMA it. Right now I'm touching up textures and making sure everything works properly since I can't actually check for myself so that I can get the OIV files made along with the trailer produced. I am unsure of when I expect to release Retro Five, hoping sometime before Thanksgiving, and hoping to have a few teaser trailers ready before Halloween. ;)

Thanks for your patience everyone, I know you're all very eagerly waiting for this. I've received many messages asking whether Retro Five is still happening, that's why I've decided to address that here.

If you want to take part in the project, whether you just want to help out in speeding up the process or you want your mod to be included in the package (with credit of course!), just let me know!

Thanks.

Do you have any questions? Ask away!

• @Taterbug that's all well and good but that was over 10 months ago it's a shame I can't download the file for the game as it looks like such a promising mod but with the lack of updates thus made me think it was a dead mod

• @SLY95ZER
    I know what you mean, but I'm not giving up. Now that I finally got my pc built and my GTA V mods stable (knock on wood) I also hope it continues. If there's no more responses anytime soon I might DM the author and see if there's anything I can do to help.

• Ngl I think this guys dead

• Honestly this project was always weird to me, because "Bring modern San Andreas into its 50's glory" but the fact that the mod was using real brands (coca cola for example) doesn't make sense then, it should have been L.A in 50's glory as coca cola doesn't exist in GTAV Universe (while the point of the mod was to "bring San Andreas into 50's glory")

• @HeySlickThatsMe The cars are the only thing I'd use imo

• I agree, the brands would've been better if they stayed Lore-themed. Except for cars ads ofc, those are nice and harder to make otherwise.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.