Mirror like reflection on textures

• Images are illustrative

I'm trying to achieve something like this, with a very reflective, mirror like look:0_1563195269592_fgfgfgfg0.png

I found the shoes with OpenIV, I exported the .ytd file, opened it with TextureToolkit, exported the ..._spec.dds and modified it, and then I imported it back to the .ytd file with TextureToolkit and back to OpenIV. I also exprted the .ydd and changed the shoe's color to black. The best results I have achieved looks like this (very reflective, but only reflects bright colors):0_1563195283596_fgfgfgfg1.png

Question: How should I change the _spec.dds texture file in .ytd and the shoe's texture .ydd, to achieve such mirror like reflections or what else should I change, the opacity of the textures?

• @Matrx007 said in Mirror like reflection on textures:

Images are illustrative

I'm trying to achieve something like this, with a very reflective, mirror like look:0_1563195269592_fgfgfgfg0.png

I found the shoes with OpenIV, I exported the .ytd file, opened it with TextureToolkit, exported the ..._spec.dds and modified it, and then I imported it back to the .ytd file with TextureToolkit and back to OpenIV. I also exprted the .ydd and changed the shoe's color to black. The best results I have achieved looks like this (very reflective, but only reflects bright colors):0_1563195283596_fgfgfgfg1.png

Question: How should I change the _spec.dds texture file in .ytd and the shoe's texture .ydd, to achieve such mirror like reflections or what else should I change, the opacity of the textures?

Really interesting topic, Actually specular maps can only increase REFLECTIONS not reflections like mirror , Specular maps can increase reflections for example take wet roads whenever the after the rain the roads can be reflected because of SPECULAR MAPS , and of course it will increase reflections in the shoes also but not like that . This can be done only with shaders or something. : )

• So there is another extra shader applied to mirrors in houses and in cars? Theoretically it's supposed to be possible to do that with clothes too with the help of mods (script to be exact).

It's hard to search for it because the search results are flooded with questions about specular maps and car mirrors (searching for "GTA 5 mirror texture" or "mirror like texture" and so on) but not about mirror textures.

:(

• Interior mirrors are a whole different thing, you should be able to set a shader with a Cubemap which would make it feel reflective, not sure which exactly it is though, or if is it supported by clothing

• i have a question how do i upload the mods onto gta 5 pc

• @Nickeh30 Start a thread for that seperately

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.