[Consolidation Thread] New update 09.19.2019 broke ScripthookV

• @Akira1364 said in [Consolidation Thread] New update 09.19.2019 broke ScripthookV:

A piece of software depended on by possibly hundreds of thousands if not more people, maintained by literally one guy, is a very bad idea.

I think this is an understatement. I seriously doubt in the story of there being a one knight in a silver armor who keeps a watchful eye over thousands of people playing modded GTA.

I think it is a nickname for an amalgam of people who know their way around these codes.

Even more so, I think some of these people may actually be R* employees after hours, who support creativity, while theirs is being curbed at work.

But rest assured, I don't know what to think about it. Making script hook open-source could actually bring about new problems of new people making mistakes which Alexander Blade has already learned to avoid. I'm only slightly convinced...

• I wouldn't necessarily have a hard time believing Alexander Blade really is one guy. There's much larger projects out there that are explicitly known to be "one man shows".

Either way, all I know is the manner in which major GTA mod software like ScriptHook (and also, notably, OpenIV) is closed source contrasts with equivalent software for just about every other "very popular" game I can think of, which is pretty much open source across the board.

E.G. with OpenIV, I'd love to take a look at the source to figure out just why exactly it insists on installing itself in one very specific folder, on the C drive, which I find to be an odd / annoying limitation. It's like, come on, what are you, Visual Studio 2013 or something?

• Okay everyone, your waiting and patience paid off because the new Scripthook is now officially updated.

• Download update scripthookv

http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

• @Akira1364 said in [Consolidation Thread] New update 09.19.2019 broke ScripthookV:

I wouldn't necessarily have a hard time believing Alexander Blade really is one guy. There's much larger projects out there that are explicitly known to be "one man shows".

Well... you got a point there...

I'm a little bit extra convinced. :p

@RogerDatSoldier said in [Consolidation Thread] New update 09.19.2019 broke ScripthookV:

Okay everyone, your waiting and patience paid off because the new Scripthook is now officially updated.

Now the wait is just for SHVDN and Menyoo. I'm not in an immediate hurry: I had backups. :)

• @meimeiriver said in [Consolidation Thread] New update 09.19.2019 broke ScripthookV:

I'm not in an immediate hurry: I had backups. :)

Me too, but boy... how lucky I am...

I still have not updated my game yet and I can still play it on version 1.1604.0 despite logging to GTA servers twice. I have discovered a very unadvertised way in which you can play without updating at all. Though it probably won't work if you already have the Cockstar Games Buttmuncher on your system.

• Hello Friends

According to my post about setting back the systemdate to avoid periodly login to RockStar at gamestart.
    I wanted to let you know that this also works with the new Launcher.
    So if you start your game offline and the startbutton in the launcher returns to the 'unpressed-shape' and the game doesnt start, just set your systemdate back to around the day when you last logged in to RockStar. The game will start now without waiting for an online-connection.
    Dont forget to set back the date to current if the game is runnung, to avoid trouble with your savegames.

To change the date under windows, click on the clock on the desktop-taskbar and choose 'change date and time'.
    Again choose 'change date and time' in the popped up 'date and time'-window.
    After the game is running pause it and press ALT&TAB at the same time to switch to desktop, where you can set back the date to current.

I hope i could help to disstress your gamestart a little bit with this 'hint'

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.