2mb max image file size

• Why is 2mb the max I can post for an image for my mods. Could you make it 1mb higher to make it more convenient? I feel like an image under 2mb doesnt look very good. That is just my opinon.

• I made my own plugin for Photoshop that reduces file sizes so that they work on this website but a really good website I used before is

Online Resizer

It keeps quality, just resize it to 1280 x 720 , my Photoshop tool does the same thing but I prefer to use it because it's quicker because that website only does it 1 at a time but if you look at my photos on my "Project Brettus" mod you will see that the quality is very good.

Hope this helps

• @Frazzlee Ill be using the online one. Im not really familiar on how to use photoshop lol

• @bur587 sure thing, glad I could help :D

• @bur587 It's worth looking into Photoshop, especially as there's a free (genuinely free, not pirated free) version of CS2 on the net. http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

You can write your own automation scripts to read in and process screenshots, which is really useful. I have one that crops the images out of the gallery view in GTAV.

But taking a full 1920x1200 .bmp from an ENB screenshot, even on maximum quality (that's taking the maximum preset value of 10 and bumping it up to 12), Photoshop created an image that was only 1.4MB as a jpg. A png was higher at 2.67MB but the difference was negligible.

• @LeeC2202 I have CS6 Photoshop

• @bur587 Ah right, I only have CS3, I can't afford to upgrade to any newer versions. :(

• @LeeC2202 I use CS3 too, and CC version as well. I currently use ShadowPlay to take screenshots, they are very detailed. Unfortunately picture size is over 8Mb. I don't really need to resize them, but when I want to, I use CS3.

• @Akila_Reigns The ENB screenshots are also huge because they chose to use BMP as their format of choice. Even at my lowly 1920x1200, they are 6.7MB... which is bigger in size than the images that my Nikon D90 creates, and that takes photos at 4288x2848. :)

What format does Shadowplay save them in, is it the same... bmp?

• As others have mentioned, I would recommend just resizing the images a bit. It's quite easy to get an image to be less than 2Mb. I don't think I'll be increasing the limit anytime soon - there are thousands of images uploaded to the site and in order to support that quantity, I need to limit the file sizes a bit. There are plenty of image hosts out there that are way better at serving up images than me - I recommend posting a few screenshots on your mod page and then, in the description or a pinned comment, pasting a link to a gallery on imgur.com with the extra high resolution screenshots that you want to show off

• @LeeC2202 PNG Format. @rappo Yeah. Here's a screenshot of mine, which is over 15 MB. Maybe because of my resolution.
    alt text

• @bur587 @LeeC2202
    alt text
    Here's a Photoshop-Resized image, only 1.78 Mb, 3840x2160 resolution. No quality reduces.

• @Akila_Reigns I can't see any picture... even with nothing being blocked I can't see one... in that last post that is, I can see the huge one.

• @LeeC2202 Can you see it now? I uploaded the same picture to imgur.

• @Akila_Reigns Yep, now I see it. :)

• @Akila_Reigns What type of file is the 2nd photo. And is you just change the resolution like you normally wood?

• @bur587 PNG file, and that's my monitor's native resolution.

• @bur587 I recommend the solution given by @Frazzlee, I use it when I want to change my avatar.

• @Akila_Reigns Ok

• @bur587 Also Autodesk Pixlr is a lightweight handy program when it comes to picture editing. It can reduce size without affecting resolution. When saving in JPEG format, it reduced the size of the below mentioned image from 12 MB to 925 KB.
    alt text

Also, use at least MSAA 4x when taking screenshots.
    You can use DSR to take screenshots in 4K in a 1080p Monitor. If your resolution is high enough, you won't lose much quality when resizing.

• @Akila_Reigns I play 1080p and take screens with 4x msaa, I will try to use this

• @bur587 Do you have a Nvidia Graphics card?

• @Akila_Reigns Yes, GTX 960 but will hopefully upgrade to 1070 before this month. Where can I find DSR? GeForce Experience?

• @bur587 Go to Nvidia Control Panel, select Manage 3D Settings, under global settings, select DSR - Factors then set it to 4.00x. You may have to reduce MSAA when playing the game. If you can, go for a GTX 1080.

• @Akila_Reigns Done, now can I take screenshot with fraps?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.