[Handling.meta] Possible to disable the ability to reverse on planes?

• Hey Guys! I'm currently playing with the handling.meta files; it looks like there's an issue (at least for planes) disabling the ability for the plane to reverse; As per the doc here:

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/3842/tutorial-handling-meta

There's a way to do it in the handling flags, however, this isn't seeming to work for me

Also, why are there only 7 flags, but 8 values in the document?

If anyone knows the answer, I'd much appreciate it! :D

• @Wetter42
    The digits are written from right to left like this:

<strHandlingFlags>87654321</strHandlingFlags>

To switch ON the 'NO_REVERSE' flag in the 'handling.meta' 'strHandlingFlags' line change the 3rd digit from the right (of whatever is there originally) to a '2'.

Example:
    Say you have this originally:

<strHandlingFlags>400100</strHandlingFlags>

You would then change it to this:

<strHandlingFlags>400200</strHandlingFlags>

The zeroes ('0') are used to skip stuff you don't want just to get to higher digits & if you don't want any of the higher flags 'switched on' you can just miss those out on the left. So the line can have any number of digits up to a max of 8. :thumbsup:

What plane are you editing? If you let me know I can check it out in my game & see if this flag works or not?
    I've never tested it & it may also have undesired consequences, as presumably, it deactivates 'FREEWHEEL_NO_GAS' & you kinda want that ON with a plane usually.

• Haha thanks for the data agent smith...me n some peepz are workin on a flight sim server...the ones we are testin now are jet and miljet

• @Wetter42
    Tested & confirmed the 'NO_REVERSE' flag works for the Miljet :thumbsup:

Also confirmed if you use a '3' instead of a '1' or a '2':

Example:

<strHandlingFlags>400300</strHandlingFlags>

you can get 'FREEWHEEL_NO_GAS' = ON with an almost completely non-existent reverse.
    You can still technically reverse, it's not deactivated completely, but it's painfully slow, almost useless.

Activating 'NO_REVERSE' just using a '2' does cause the deactivation of 'FREEWHEEL_NO_GAS' resulting in your plane stopping a lot faster (front wheels lock up braking on the Miljet without 'FREEWHEEL_NO_GAS') so the '3' trick might be useful to you as a workaround :thumbsup:.

• Dude! You are a fucking genius!
    I love you for this one! I really appreciate your contribution to this site! :D

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.