For all of you with realistic top speed driving mods, you surely remarked that the police isn't capable of pursuing you.
So, if you want faster police, it's not done with mods like @mxt333 's "Lifelike Traffic Speeds".
You also have to make the police cars and bikes faster. How to make this?
- Use OpenIV
- Go to mods/common.rpf/data and extract the handling.meta file.
- Open file with notepad++.
- Search for "police", for "sheriff", for "fbi2" and change the following values in all vehicles you found:
- <nInitialDriveGears value="7" /> (this are the gears, it's very important to give 7 or 8 gears!!! A vehicle with 300khm speed but with only 5 gears will not reach the speed limit!!!)
- <fInitialDriveForce value="0.3" /> (just make the value a bit higher, from 0.2 to 0.3 per example)
- <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="280.000000" /> (this is the speed in kmh)
- <fBrakeForce value="0.98" /> (This is the brake force, so when the speed is higher, the vehicles need better brakes, increase it 0.5, per example from 0.7 to 1.2)
- Do this for all police, FBI, sheriff vehicles you find.
- Save file.
- Copy file with OpenIV back to mods/common.rpf/data (please activate Edit Mode in OpenIV before)
- Copy the same file also to mods/update/update.rpf/common/data (activate Edit Mode in OpenIV)
- It's done.
Now the police is REALLY fast. Beware that they will make a lot more accidents now, but they will also pursue you a lot more than before and its a lot more fun!