For all of you with realistic top speed driving mods, you surely remarked that the police isn't capable of pursuing you.
So, if you want faster police, it's not done with mods like @mxt333 's "Lifelike Traffic Speeds".
You also have to make the police cars and bikes faster. How to make this?
- Use OpenIV
- Go to mods/common.rpf/data and extract the handling.meta file.
- Open file with notepad++.
- Search for "police", for "sheriff", for "fbi2" and change the following values in all vehicles you found:
- <nInitialDriveGears value="7" /> (this are the gears, it's very important to give 7 or 8 gears!!! A vehicle with 300khm speed but with only 5 gears will not reach the speed limit!!!)
- <fInitialDriveForce value="0.3" /> (just make the value a bit higher, from 0.2 to 0.3 per example)
- <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="280.000000" /> (this is the speed in kmh)
- <fBrakeForce value="0.98" /> (This is the brake force, so when the speed is higher, the vehicles need better brakes, increase it 0.5, per example from 0.7 to 1.2)
- Do this for all police, FBI, sheriff vehicles you find.
- Save file.
- Copy file with OpenIV back to mods/common.rpf/data (please activate Edit Mode in OpenIV before)
- Copy the same file also to mods/update/update.rpf/common/data (activate Edit Mode in OpenIV)
- It's done.
Now the police is REALLY fast. Beware that they will make a lot more accidents now, but they will also pursue you a lot more than before and its a lot more fun!
I did it and I think I saw it in action cause the coppers were going FAAAAAAAAAST after me BUT... Here's the downside I PERSONALLY encountered, I do have GTA V REALISTIC DRIVING (a mod) installed so Idk if that messes with this edit or not, anyway, I do notice the cops drive faster and get into wrecks more often (but in a realistic fashion IMO cause vanilla cops rarely ever crash and that's unrealistic) anyway, THEY ONLY DRIVE FAST IN THE COUNTRYSIDE AND MAINLY ONLY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE COUNTRYSIDE WHERE THE ROADS ARE LONGER AND STRAIGHT, once the road starts getting a little curvy, they stop driving fast and they cruise around edges carefully. ALSO, the other thing is, even when they are going fast, it takes them a bit to raise their speed from the moment they spawn in so I STILL HAVE TO SLOW DOWN FOR THEM to catch up and raise their speed. I will try this again ONE DAY on a fresh install of GTA V but for now I'll just stick with the regular settings I had.
Just wanted to throw this out there as this thread popped up.
...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\data\tune\wantedtuning.ymt
there are multipliers that can control the speed of the automobiles & helicopters for 'Cop', 'Swat' & 'Army'.
<AutomobileSpeedModifier> <Min value="1.000000" /> <Max value="4.950000" /> <ValueForMin value="0.000000" /> <ValueForMax value="0.300000" /> </AutomobileSpeedModifier> <HeliSpeedModifier> <Min value="1.000000" /> <Max value="4.750000" /> <ValueForMin value="0.000000" /> <ValueForMax value="0.300000" /> </HeliSpeedModifier>
Very useful if you want normal speed vehicles if the player is driving them but AI cops to be super speed (as it doesn't change the police vehicle 'handling.meta' values doing it this way)
basically what BC+ does upon reaching PIT status I guess and the ramming kicks in
actually even before that they overtake you to block your vehicle
@a63nt-5m1th Awwwwwwww! Sweeeeeeeeet bro! I gotta try this soon! I'll be building a new 10700K PC soon since the one I was using has decided to finally start giving me problems way too often. (Suspect the Motherboard since I saw a part on the back seems to have it's... Enamel or whatever it's called scratched pretty badly) ANYWAY! Can't wait to try this! Big thanks! Still keeping tabs on this little mod. IMO it's needed.