Changing normal windows textures with light smoke windows?

• Hi, I wanted to ask if anybody know how to change textures of windows for cars. I wanted to change textures of normal windows in cars to light smoke ones, so every NPC cars will spawn with light smoke windows automatically. I want to do this, because normal windows looks like they are not there, compared to GTA IV.

Thank you for your help.

• Banned

How come you don't want to ask this anymore?

• @QBit07 Wot? I am asking. I was... First time...
    So, does anybody know how to change normal transparent windows on cars to light smoke ones?
    So NPC cars will spawn with light smoke windows on their rides.

• I'm pretty sure the windows just have one texture that gradually becomes darker with code...

• @pat2785
    Don't worry, I can understand you. You are not suffering from aphasia :thumbsup:

You can edit the default window tint of a vehicle by editing the hex value in the '<diffuseTint value=' line in a vehicle's 'vehicles.meta':

Example:

<diffuseTint value="0xAA0A0A0A" /> 

I'm not sure of the exact values myself but this looks promising & might be a good place to start. :thumbsup:

Use Notepad++'s (<scroll down for x64 if required) 'Replace' (Ctrl+H) functionality to allow you to do it a lot quicker for multiple vehicles. :thumbsup:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.