[SCRIPT] [Alpha] Undead Streets

• Undead Streets

Alpha Release v0.1

Introduction

Welcome to Undead Streets, a zombie apocalypse mod for Grand Theft Auto 5. This has been inspired by the brilliant Simple Zombies mod by sollaholla (https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-zombies).

Please note that this is an early Alpha release of the mod, and therefore there will undoubtably be bugs and missing features (such as crafting and base building). Please help by posting any problems you encounter either in the comments on the download page, on the forum thread or the Undead Streets Discord.

Mod Features

Currently this mod features:

• Select either a Male or Female character (MP Freemode models)

• No city/car ambient noises - it’s meant to be the end of the world, so you shouldn’t be able to hear lawn mowers!

• No phone or car radios - again, end of the world, these wouldn’t work!

• Basic ‘survival game’ stats - eat to keep hunger levels up, drink to keep thirst levels up and sleep to keep energy levels up

• Basic inventory system (can be saved/loaded) and ability to loot items from dead survivors/zombies, and harvest meat from dead animals

• Turn on/off Fast Zombies (note these will be more common between 7pm and 7am)

• Abandoned vehicles dotted around map (customisable in ‘Settings.ini’)

• Vehicles that work can be claimed and saved/loaded

• Random survivors spawned every 5 minutes (real time) - friendly survivors can be recruited (Groups can be saved/loaded), neutral survivors can be attacked and looted, hostile survivors will attack you!

• Zombies will spawn more frequently in city, animals will be more frequent/only spawn in countryside (is customisable)

• All models used for Zombies and Survivors can either be customised in .lst files (found in the /Scripts/UndeadStreets/Settings/ directory) or will be randomised in game, depending on the area of the map you are in

• Vehicles will be different in and outside of Los Santos, and again can be customisable in .lst files (found in the '/Scripts/UndeadStreets/Settings/' directory)

• Animals will also be different in and outside of Los Santos, and again can be customisable in .lst files (found in the '/Scripts/UndeadStreets/Settings/' directory)

When you start the mod, it will spawn you at a make-shift base in Los Santos with a small amount of weaponry; when you die you will respawn at this base with default weapons and no inventory/vehicle/Group (remember to save all these things often often!). You can sleep in the tent at the ‘base’ to recover energy. You can cook raw meat on campfire so you can eat it.

You can access the start-up menu by pressing the ‘F10’ key on the keyboard (all keys are configurable in the ‘Settings.ini’ file). Once the mod has started up you can press either the ‘F10’ key or ‘Down’ on the D-Pad of the controller (this will be whatever you have the Character Selection key configured to so this may not be ‘Down’). To access the Inventory its either the ‘I’ key on the keyboard or ‘Up’ on the D-Pad of the controller (this will be whatever you have the Phone key configured to so this may not be ‘Up’). To loot peds, harvest meat from animals, sleep in the tent or cook food on the campfire, this will be the default key for interacting with objects (which is usually the ‘E’ key on the keyboard or the ‘Left’ button on the D-Pad of the controller). However you’ll see a window pop up when you can interact with objects on the map showing which key to press (depending on whether you are using the keyboard or controller).

Settings can be configured in the ‘Settings.ini’ file. You can find this in the GTA 5 game directory and then in the ‘/Scripts/’ directory (where the ‘UndeadStreets.dll’ file should be installed to) when you run the game the first time you install this mod it will create an ‘UndeadStreets’ directory and inside here some more directories for logs, save files and settings. The ‘Settings.ini’ file will be in the ‘/Scripts/UndeadStreets/Settings/’ directory. In here you can change the spawn rates of zombies, survivors, vehicles, the kind of vehicles spawned (only recommended for advanced users, uses the model names), the health and damage settings for zombies, the health for survivors, the models used for zombies, the models used for survivors, the animal models and spawn rates, etc… The idea being that you can create your own zombie apocalypse experience using this mod.

I haven’t tested this with any other mods yet so I cannot guarantee this will work with trainers or mods that open interiors.

Requirements

The downloads needed to make this mod run are:

Installation

To install this mod, first download and install the requirements listed in the section above. Then download and extract the zip file to your ‘/Scripts/’ directory, which should be located in your GTA main directory.

So for example, if your copy of GTA is from Steam and your game directory was located on your C: drive this would be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\Scripts\

In your 'Scripts' folder you should now have the ‘UndeadStreets.dll’ file. Don't worry about the other directories and settings mentioned here, the mod will generate these the first time it runs.

Now startup your GTA 5 game and when the game has loaded, first disable the Autosave feature. The game shouldn't save anyway but this is just to be safe! Now press the F10 key (default key, can be customised in 'Settings.ini') and you can select your character model (Male or Female) and whether to have Fast Zombies (zombies who can run at you and scream a lot!). Then you can start the mod!

Once you've started the Undead Streets mod you cannot turn this off without reloading a save game from the main menu (not the mod menu, the game's main menu).

Known Bugs/Errors

Known bugs that exist in the current Alpha release are:

• All (most?) doors/gates in the game that are usually locked will open. The upside is you can access some of the basic interiors, but the downside is that electric gates open automatically and there shouldn’t really be any electricity! I’m looking into somehow keeping the gates locked but the doors open

• Car headlights don’t work as the mod uses the game’s “blackout” feature, so that there are no lights or electricity. Not sure how to get around this one yet!

• The colours for text, UI and menus are a bit random and need to be standardised/simplified!

Again, if you find any other bugs please let me know in the comments section on the download page, on the forum thread or the Undead Streets Discord.

Planned Features

I've created a Trello Board so you can see what I'm currently working on and what's planned.

If you have any more ideas, please let me know in the comments section on the download page, on the forum thread or the Undead Streets Discord.

Hope you enjoy this mod and keep watching this space for future releases!

Nice to see that there's someone interested in developing a new zombies mod. I've writen and pinned a comment on the Simple Zombies mod page in order to let people interested in a new zombies mod know that there's one in development (yours). Provided a link to this topic.

Good luck with your project! ;)

• @TheSpaceDad I'm really excited about this! I've always loved the Zombies Mod.

• Thank you for the kind comments on here and the PMs I've received! I will be posting up the first test release of the mod later this week, just got some bug fixing to do and it will be ready.

This version will be missing the crafting and placing of map objects, as I'm still working on fixing the bugs with this feature, so the 'base' you get at the start will be fixed. In the future you will not get a base at the start and will need to construct your own. The starting 'base' itself is pretty basic - a campfire to cook food on and a tent to sleep in! It's up high so zombies can't get to you and the only way they could get in has been blocked off, and an extra dumpster has been added in so you can climb into and out of where the 'base' is.

Also in this so-called 'base' (it really isn't a base, I should stop calling it that!) are a handful of friendly survivors who you can recruit to follow you around. You don't have much in the way of weaponry (and I haven't added in weapon crafting yet) so you'll need to find some more weapons somewhere. There are other survivors around the map (not all of which are friendly), so maybe you can get some weapons from them...

With regards to looting, zombies and survivors will be carrying items and materials you can use. Actually the materials are useless at present as there isn't any crafting implemented yet, but any scraps of food and drink will help keep your hunger and thirst levels up, and when you get tired you can sleep in your tent to replenish your energy levels. There are also the odd random animals about, so if you manage to kill one you can harvest some raw meat from it (providing you have a knife) and then cook the raw meat on your campfire. This is literally the only crafting option working so far!

Other than that, this is still fairly basic so far but the scope is there for bigger and greater things, some of which I have partially coded but I am still working on. If there are any features that people would also like me to implement (apart from those listed already) please let me know and I'll see what I can do. I've been testing this without using any other mods or trainers, so literally just 'NativeUI' (for menus) and 'ScripthookV' and 'ScripthookV .NET'. It may be that this will work with other mods, but for now I would recomend playing this with just these installed.

EDIT: That is to say, feel free to try this with other mods, I just can't guarantee they'll work!

• sounds great man! i'm looking forward to it.

• Will there be a market where we can buy recources

Srry for my englisch

• @TheSpaceDad Could We still play as our Military Peds and such? So we can do a WWZ type of thing? And can Bodyguards using other trainers, such a Simple Trainer, shoot zombies on site instead of waiting for me to Shoot?

• I made an account just to keep an eye on the mod, looking forward to it. What I am mainly looking forward to is no ambient sounds. Also, will there be controller support?

• @sisken said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] Undead Streets:

Will there be a market where we can buy recources

Srry for my englisch

I hadn't really thought about this. It's certainly possible, the only thing would be deciding on a form of currency in order to buy things. For now resources can only be found by looting dead peds, but I will definitely expand this so you can find more resources elsewhere. Also in the test release (that's very nearly ready but may not come out now until early next week, sorry!) the resources are just for show as crafting hasn't been fully developed yet.

• @TaiwanOBS said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] Undead Streets:

@TheSpaceDad Could We still play as our Military Peds and such? So we can do a WWZ type of thing? And can Bodyguards using other trainers, such a Simple Trainer, shoot zombies on site instead of waiting for me to Shoot?

I haven't tested this out with any trainers so you'd have to try and see. At present I've been testing this with no other mods installed. There's no reason to assume it wouldn't but without testing this I couldn't say for sure!

• @LifeIsntGoinAnywhere said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] Undead Streets:

I made an account just to keep an eye on the mod, looking forward to it. What I am mainly looking forward to is no ambient sounds. Also, will there be controller support?

Yes controller support is there for navigating menus and looting peds, I'll look into getting menus up using controllers as well so you could have full independence from keyboard/mouse.

EDIT: In fact yes it's very simple and has now been done! Up on D-Pad will bring up the Inventory Menu and Down on D-Pad will bring up the Mod Menu. The only thing that you'll still need Keyboard for is to launch the Startup Mod Menu, which is F10 key by default but all controls are configurable in the Settings.ini file found in the Scripts/UndeadStreets/Settings/ folder, which auto-generates the first time you run the game with the mod installed.

• @TheSpaceDad Thank you so much!!

• @TheSpaceDad Alright I'll be sure to give it a shot. Will this work with like Map Editor Maps like the various Aircraft Carrier maps? Just making sure the zombies won't spawn on the carrier.

@TheSpaceDad Alright I'll be sure to give it a shot. Will this work with like Map Editor Maps like the various Aircraft Carrier maps? Just making sure the zombies won't spawn on the carrier.

Again you'd need to test this, so let me know if this does happen when the test release comes out and I'll invesigate.

I'm painfully aware I've shown nothing for all of this so I intend to rectify that very soon! :smiley:

• @TheSpaceDad I'M SO EXCITED!!!

• @TheSpaceDad Approximately when should we expect this to come out?

@TheSpaceDad Approximately when should we expect this to come out?

Due to real life stuff (coronavirus shutdown) I've been a bit busy but this is pretty near a first test release. I've now got the functions for saving/loading inventory and current peds group done, I'm just working on implementing the vehicle saving/loading function and then it should be ready. There's probably stuff I've overlooked which is why I'm keen to get this out into the public so that bugs and things I've not thought about yet can be resolved/looked into.

• I'm Hyped about this mod, holy shit. I'm literally watching this page 24/7 just to see if you posted an update xd

• @TheSpaceDad Alright, Sounds good. Are there going to be different zombie peds for different areas? Like Soldiers at Fort Zancudo? Also what would be really nice if bands of Survivors that spawn near Fort Zancudo would be Soldiers in like a Insurgent or a APC.

@TheSpaceDad Alright, Sounds good. Are there going to be different zombie peds for different areas? Like Soldiers at Fort Zancudo? Also what would be really nice if bands of Survivors that spawn near Fort Zancudo would be Soldiers in like a Insurgent or a APC.

I've been messing around with zones, so there be able to have more zombies in Los Santos and less outside the city. Also so animals only spawn in the countryside, or just rarely in the city. This probably won't be in the first release but I'm definitely working on it.

I have some ideas for the prison and army base so for now I'm leaving these alone until I'm at the stage where I can concentrate on those areas.

• Banned

@TheSpaceDad Yes, and make it so the pesky wild cats (mountain lions, pumas, what are they?) target the zombies and not those still alive.

• I have a question @TheSpaceDad (Just for RP) , How Long is it into the Apocalypse? Days? Weeks? Months? if so I think making the animals spawn quite frequently in the city is more logical if it has been months or even years. Thanks!

• @BornStupid said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] Undead Streets:

I have a question @TheSpaceDad (Just for RP) , How Long is it into the Apocalypse? Days? Weeks? Months? if so I think making the animals spawn quite frequently in the city is more logical if it has been months or even years. Thanks!

That's kind of up to the player a bit I guess, I'm making most of it configurable, with the idea being you can adapt it to whatever it is you want to do. So the list of random vehicles are configurable (and also whether to have random vehicles dotted around and also the chance of them working or not) can be changed in the settings. Peds are randomly generated at present and seem to use whatever area they are in as the basis for what models they choose, but I could also easily implement an override and allow players to specify which models to use instead for both survivors and zombies.

• @TheSpaceDad another Question, Do you think the [Open All Interiors] mod would be compatible with Undead Streets? If so. would you Implement a sort of Storage-house with stashed gear/loot for the player to find? It would be cool if that was a thing. Thanks!

• @TheSpaceDad I'm sooooo looking forward to this new zombie mod!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.