Will any legal action be taken against this thie... i mean, "creator", Josh Romito and "his" Redux?

• alt text

Hi everyone.

It's sadly to see how this dude learned nothing from his previous experiences, when those ugly ass graphic mods called "Pinnacle" of V and "Miracle" of V that he "made", based on stolen files from many authors, were shuted down because that, and the same will happen with ReduX in some future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Josh's typical modding cycle)

1-Previous months before, trailers and screenshots are released to media in may websites. He "creates" his mod by stealing works from many users, without giving a single credit, enough hype across the web is created.

alt text

2-The release date EVERYONE IS COMPLETELY OVERHYPED about how realistic the mod is.

alt text

3- After a briefly period, his plagiarism is discovered by the original modders, who proceed to release proofs about this, all the web gets flooded:

alt text
    alt text

4- The mod is finally deleted due to the gigantic amount of demands against it. Critics will erase from the internet all reputation it could achieve.

alt text
    alt text

5- Months later, nobody remembers that graphic mod, uhhh... Pinnacle, miracle of what???
    What a wierd name!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alt text

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Honestly, those graphic "enhancements" have always looked like a GTA SA ENB,(Just Pinnacle of V was a bit realistic, and the Miracle of V was cartoonish!!)despite the SA ENB's are limited by the RenderWare Engine, and they really try to improve the graphics, but this is not the case with GTA V, using the typical excessive DoF, oversaturated colors, insane bloom, etc, etc...

What is most laughable of him, is that he is trying to "create" the "most realistic graphics ever made" and the results were the completely opposite.

What i'm trying to say is this:

If the autors of all original content don´t stop him, no one will do it, and surely he will keep doing this unethical stuff, ripping off any mod he sees for infinitely times(if he could, he would stole every single mod from this site (and many other ones) and rename everything to "his authory")
    I think we should report him to the DMCA...(not beign serious)

The only clue about him is that, maybe imprudently, he showed up his face!! A very angry person(most one of the authors) could try to track and punish him.

alt text

Let me know your opinion, please.

Thank's :cat:!

• @LanGonCer9807 As far as I know, we cannot take legal actions against him, no matter how much we love to, because he stole and published files from mods, not from Rockstar or some company.. Let's say someone ripped and put Frostbite 3 into GTA V. (Not a bad idea, should put that on requests 😂) EA DICE would definitely place DMCA charges. Ignoring, unsubscribing from his YouTube channel, and stop downloading Redux is the best we can do. Like I said before, I don't know about DMCA much, but if we can, we should definitely report him.

• ...also disliking his videos and posting coments about those evidences...

alt text
    alt text

He already deleted my opinion, that's just pathetic:laughing:

• @V4D3R I will start a takedown on the DMCA website, and the https://gta5redux.com/ link will finally lead to nowhere but:

alt text

After six months that mess of stolen mods is still gettting (positive) attention (which shouldn't)

Yes, so i decided to take a step further than leaving heavy critics on his website and Youtube like:

alt text

Soon, very soon that nightmare will be over! No more people turning into devote mindless followers of J0sh, no more guys commenting "Redux is better" on Candyland videos showcasing Redux against the mighty VisualV, and the incoming Natural Vision Remastered & Simple Aesthetics, no more sensless tears about a new update bacause Rockstar patches (fortunately) crashes the game if they attempt to run with it .....

Coming soon...

• dafuq

• I think you've got more to worry about than a mod thief. They obviously have nothing better to do other than get angry reactions from people who know full-well that Redux is a total sham (example: you, with the youtube comments that go "Oh you're a Josh Romito fanfag!!!")

This guy, or the Redux creator(s) should be ignored, and it should be put to a rest. Yeah, the guy may have stolen hard work, but let's remember, we as modders technically stole too. I mean, we're editing traffic cycles and .meta files written by Rockstar, who can't take legal action against modders because Rockstar would lose their revenue (unless they were strictly online modders.)

And just like how Rockstar can't nail us for single player modding, Josh Romito can't get nailed for mod theft. That's life as a modder. It's pretty sad, and there's nothing you can do about it. Not even bitching through YouTube comments or bitching to the DMCA will do anything.

Oh, and by the way, DMCA don't give a flying fuck about modders. ACTUAL MONEY MAKING is what they give a shit about more than non-stop shops of modified game assets...

which is the equivalent of stealing a mod.

Don't see it yet? Here, let me give a (hopefully) better understanding.

"What's this?"

(showing a traffic cycle written by Rockstar Games)

"I want realistic traffic!"

(makes mod from original file, like all modders)

(Rockstar Games member sees mod)

"Such petty theft, they took the cycle we wrote, modified it and called it theirs!"

(mod maker sees traffic cycle mod has been stolen)

"Hey, he stole my mod!"

This is literally what this Josh Romito debate is. If anything, what victims of mod theft are going through is something that has been happening with more than just mods, it's been music, artwork, videos.

I understand people's complaints, but this shit should've been expected right from the get-go.

On Steam this wouldn't even be going on at all. And with a modding community like Steam's, this shit would probably get ended by the mods within half an hour of it's creation and everybody would've forgotten the debate even happened.

If you don't get any of this, I'll put it simple:

Josh Romito, and his team, are obviously trolls, and you shouldn't worry about them. Besides, did this really affect peoples download rates?

I mean various BMW/Mercedes/Supercar mods that are of the same car of the same nature get released again and again every single day. You don't hear them bitching about how 1 guy stole a model from the other and called it his, do you? (even though this happens too, on some occasions.) I'm not hating, I'm just saying, you're sorta wasting your time. Do what you want, not my problem, just sharing my 2cents since everyone else is.

• There are things we can do, we shouldn't watch his videos, even to dislike or comment, stop using Redux, and tell Redux users what Romito has done.

• @krashadam said in Will any legal action be taken against this thie... i mean, "creator", Josh Romito and "his" Redux?:

I mean various BMW/Mercedes/Supercar mods that are of the same car of the same nature get released again and again every single day. You don't hear them bitching about how 1 guy stole a model from the other and called it his, do you?

Yes. People do care when someone else steals someone else's work. If you see a BMW that was uploaded and there is the same BMW uploaded a bit earlier, does not mean that the guy stole the other guy's work. It may just so happened that they were working on the same car model.

My point is, if there are two identical mods (at least in the field of vehicle modding), you cant just say, "he stole my mod" without any proof.

That said however, people still steal models and upload it as their own. You may not see it happening, but it is happening. On the FB page I'm a member of, nearly every day people report stolen mods (of which we have proof of), which get taken down before most people can see them. It is happening, and it is a problem.

• @LanGonCer9807 I wanna say one thing. How the hell are we supposed to take legal action against him? There are no "copyrights" because like @krashadam said, we're basically editing R*'s files. No copyrights = no legal action that can happen. It's not like he commited a crime, because he kinda didn't (officially speaking). He took files that did not have any protection against this stuff and called them his own. Nothing we can do about it, nothing the DMCA will do about it.

• @LanGonCer9807 Don't work yourself up too much over ReDux: everyone knows it's stolen crap -- with the emphasis on 'crap'.

Besides, ReDux is way too invasive; meaning you'll have issues with just about every update and/or other mods you're trying to install. Wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, even if it actually were decent.

• @AHK1221 said in Will any legal action be taken against this thie... i mean, "creator", Josh Romito and "his" Redux?:

@LanGonCer9807 I wanna say one thing. How the hell are we supposed to take legal action against him? There are no "copyrights" because like @krashadam said, we're basically editing R*'s files. No copyrights = no legal action that can happen. It's not like he commited a crime, because he kinda didn't (officially speaking). He took files that did not have any protection against this stuff and called them his own. Nothing we can do about it, nothing the DMCA will do about it.

Yeah, that's not entirely accurate. Just because software like ENB builds on/is an extension to GTA V, doesn't mean it isn't, or can't be copyright protected. That would be like telling nVidia their Windows graphics drivers aren't copyright-protected, merely because they were written for an OS.

So, ENB certainly is copyright protected.

Copyright
    1 Copyrights of the ENBSeries (the SOFTWARE) exclusively belongs to AUTHOR

Enforceability is a different matter, of course, as many won't be prepared to take it to Court; but it's not impossible.

• There are people who actually love Redux for the mod it is regardless of the person behind it.
    I mean how many "Will it work with Redux?" questions do we see in this community concerning mods or scripts to this day still??
    That alone says enough.....telling people to stop using redux and watching the guys videos is pointless.

Let people do what they want....a scumbag is a scumbag....that scumbag just happened to compose a mod people loved even though he was using others modders components.

DCMA site shut down or not....Redux will still be recirculated via file hosting until something new comes out and such players with awful taste will drop it and run to another horrible looking over saturated colorful crap GTAV graphics overhaul.

• Another thing we can do is list each of the mods redux has compiled so that users can put the originals that we want in the game

• Well, don't know if this has been said already because I'm too lazy to read but if everyone who he is know to take work from copyrighted their mods and go through a legal process, they can hammer this guy.

• @AHK1221 Fair enough, maybe I got carried away with that. It's just people need to wake up and realize that these are trolls looking for an angry reaction from people. As much as it hurts to say, this theft gig has been going on for 1,000s of years. As long as Da Vinci (Any chance some of his work has been stolen and called as someone else' art?)

• Since there was a bump
    Miracle of V was mostly done by H2Awesome , i know because i was in the team (However i wasn't stealing anything , i was a person who was only doing the Sounds + i asked Suspect if i can use his mod as a base)
    Romito only did a few things there , and there was a rumour that H2Awesome took down Pinnacle or something

• @krashadam They truly are fanfags, they are so blinded by the rsulting overhype, than their eyes were probably exposed to radiation, extreme heat, and many other tortures, leading them to believe in a that mountain of trash with saturation levels over 9000 looks better than Natural Vision:

alt text

I don't know if either laugh or cry because of his mind blowing retarded (and ridiculous) comment!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

alt text

So he is just another Jrom brainwashed fan. If his target was to fool everyone, he did it with the 95% of the internet users, yes, he brainwashed them, since this poor guy believed in all the lies he stated (cough, completely built from ground...) with no doubt and getting triggered easily if someone dare to criticize the undoubtable realism of "the most ambitious mod ever!...", even if their logic is completely ilogic. (they know it looks like trash, but cannot embrace it)

• @LanGonCer9807 When you post something on YouTube, expect all sorts of comments. That guy is most likely trolling, just to make you angry.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.