[RESEARCH] LIGHTS FIX for vehicles, after BIKERS Update

• Some of you probably noticed, that after the Bikers update the lights intensity was decreased. For some vanilla cars or modded cars you cant see the difference if the headlights or indicators are ON or OFF at the day. To be more specific: the feature "emissiveMultiplier" for the shader "vehicles_lightsemissive" was completely DISABLED.
    I already tried to replace visualsettings.dat, carcols.ymt, the comple "shaders" folder under "update.rpf" from the older updates, but no affect...
    IF some of you have an idea how to fix this, let me know.

• Well that explains why the changing the multiplier had no affect.

Instead I just modified the visualsettings.dat which works great, just change the values under "# emissive bits" to your liking (you need to crank them way up).
    The values that start with "car.defaultlight" can be seen as lights with no ID attached to it (daytime running lights).

• Damn but i need the original value back! increasing the value makes it look very different to the old original setting :(

• @Gta5KoRn Do you mean the corona size intensity?

• @LanGonCer9807 no, intensity of light textures

• @Gta5KoRn So they look like this? A flat, brightless texture?

alt text

• So, is this fixed now? I can't check it myself right now, but I really want to know.

• @Claude_Lib nope, it isnt fixed :(

• Please report this bug to the cockstar support. If many people report this, maybe they will fix it, since they care only about fixing the money glitches.

• Fucking cockstar is so disrespectful. i made bug report 2 months ago, and still waiting for the answer, and when i create a new topic, they close it and merge it to the another one :/

• @Gta5KoRn said in [RESEARCH] LIGHTS FIX for vehicles, after BIKERS Update:

when i create a new topic, they close it and merge it to the another one :/

alt text

edit: wow, 2 downvotes. amazing. -_-

My point was that it was genius on Rockstar's end, because they keep closing his topics and merging them to other ones, so I guess that would've made his posts look kinda dumb because they were meant for his thread, not someone elses (plus the fact they didn't respond and instead closed the thread.)

• My bug report to Cockstar:
    "
    Since the Bikers update the lights intensity was decreased. For some cars you cant see the difference if the lights are ON or OFF at the day. And at the night they arent so intense too. I tested (without mods) on the last game version 1.0.877.1 and the previous version 1.0.791. I have both of them installed. The difference is big!

Check the video:

or better compare the game version "1.0.791.2" (before Bikers update) and the latest one.

I create car mods for PC single player and i can tell you that the problem is with the "vehicle_lightsemissive" shader. Its setting "emissiveMultiplier" was deactivated on the latest game version (but still working on "1.0.791.2"). Please tell me how can i activate it again, or bring a fix for this."

Their respond:
    "Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a problem with vehicle light intensity. We don’t provide technical support for mods or games with mods installed. If you are still having trouble after removing all mods and reinstalling the game, please let us know, and we can assist further.

Best regards,

Alex S.

Rockstar Support"

STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS!!!

• @Gta5KoRn Jesus Christ Rockstar are you really that fucking dumb?!

• Did you really think they were going into detail with you ? should had just reported that lights bugged after the update, that would be passed upwards to technical.

• @skelepap No, they incorporate in game development, not game modding. And rightfully so, because they quarreled in the recent past with us modders (I don't know if you heard of that or not...), and Take-Two killed GTA 5 modding. Sort of, till it for some reason came back, thanks to something that Rockstar said or did, but that doesn't mean they want anything to do with us.

They don't exactly promote modding but they know they can't stop it, so that's why they allowed us to mod again.

@Gta5KoRn If they can't fix your issue (I can see why, you openly mentioned you were a modder and because of this they gave you the silent "fuck off" treatment.), I bet if you had reported this without mentioning you were a modder (example:)

"Hi. I've been having this issue with my GTA 5, which started occurring after the new Bikers update. I just want to go ahead and say I have a legal copy, and I am not using any mods whatsoever. But I noticed headlights are not as intense as they were in before the Bikers update. Is there a chance an update can be released where they're bright again?"

Now this is yours:

@Gta5KoRn said in [RESEARCH] LIGHTS FIX for vehicles, after BIKERS Update:

"Since the Bikers update the lights intensity was decreased. For some cars you cant see the difference if the lights are ON or OFF at the day. And at the night they arent so intense too. I tested (without mods) on the last game version 1.0.877.1 and the previous version 1.0.791. I have both of them installed. The difference is big!

Check the video:

or better compare the game version "1.0.791.2" (before Bikers update) and the latest one.

I create car mods for PC single player and i can tell you that the problem is with the "vehicle_lightsemissive" shader. Its setting "emissiveMultiplier" was deactivated on the latest game version (but still working on "1.0.791.2"). Please tell me how can i activate it again, or bring a fix for this."

Their respond:
    "Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a problem with vehicle light intensity. We don’t provide technical support for mods or games with mods installed. If you are still having trouble after removing all mods and reinstalling the game, please let us know, and we can assist further.

Best regards,

Alex S.

Rockstar Support"

Now, because you mentioned you create, or use mods, they responded like this:

The bolded bit, basically them trying to tell you "we don't work with modders", mainly because? It's not their department. Customer Service is, but technically when it comes to game modding you actually break a lot of warranties. yes they exist, on almost every product, hell, even on computer power supplies. I have a sticker on my computer's power supply here that says:

"AS STICKER WAS REMOVED, LOST OR DAMAGED, IT SHALL BE OUT OF WARRANTY VALIDITY!"

If I translate "warranty validity", you get:

"IF YOU REMOVE THIS STICKER, WE CAN'T FIX YOUR POWER SUPPLY."

Video games have a much similar warranty with almost the same rules applied. If you mod (or alter) your game, the devs can't help you.

(Optional story, read at your wish.)

((I have been sticking my head in research for PS2 game modding for a while. But let me tell you something I've recently learned. I've learned, that if you burn game files from a PS2 game into a brand new DVD-R and stick it into your PS2, it will send you straight to the infamous RSOD (RED SCREEN OF DEATH.).

I found out it was a security feature in the PS2 to stop people from getting free games for their PS2. This is why you see videos of people trying to mod the hardware on the PS2, either with modchips, "hot swapping", or "cog swapping".

There's also something that happens to the PS2 games too. When you create copies of them, there's (what i like to call) a virtual warranty. the warranty is that if this is a legitimate disc, you can play it. If it's a recently burned disc, or a file has received any type of alterations it will not run.)

(^i figure i bring that up because I felt it was significant to modding, so... it probably isn't, but I had to stop typing for a few minutes because I needed to do something life-important, so I lost track, and it probably doesn't make sense.)

• tl;dr
    Don't blabber.

• @ikt oh ok sowwy. :( (though I did say it was totally optional to read it.)

• @krashadam
    I mean the point of your story is to be to-the-point, and Gta5KoRn blabbered to Rockstar :P

• @ikt wait, so that bullshit i wrote was significant, or am i getting something wrong here? (i'm too damn tired lol. dont know why though, it's daytime.)

• People love worshipping R* anyway I don't care about their "You're a modder f off" thing since I know they are going down hill with GTA Online...

• @skelepap said in [RESEARCH] LIGHTS FIX for vehicles, after BIKERS Update:

People love worshipping R* anyway I don't care about their "You're a modder f off" thing since I know they are going down hill with GTA Online...

I kinda got the sense. That's actually what a lot of people often think.

@skelepap said in [RESEARCH] LIGHTS FIX for vehicles, after BIKERS Update:

I know they are going down hill with GTA Online...

It's 1/1 reasons why Take-Two killed OpenIV.

• i already reported this many times with and without to mention that i mod. but they dont care. Please guys report this if you can too, maybe they will fix it, if they get many reports!

• @Gta5KoRn damn.

Maybe someone can patch it on their own..?

• @krashadam i tried already many things, to replace all the shaders from the older game version and another files from update.rpf. I asked OpenIV and Zm3 developers. Nobody has a clue how to fix this shit.. :(

• @Gta5KoRn
    @krashadam
    Its clearly after all the things we tried. The change is inside the damn execute file of V!
    We need to modify the .exe to get it back. But better i think would be memory hacking, but i am not good at this, someone else with that knowledge should try to get the main default setting of emissiveBits in the game by memory hacking of the older GTA V version (before it happends) and set those values to the new one.
    The shader itself wasn't change. The main tolerance of emissiveMultiplier setting that gets linked to the vehicle shader, was changed. We can temporary fix it all by the visualsettings file, but it will be never like before. I already made this setting if you know my 64 Impala mod. The compare screenshots shows how different it is always whatever change we do to the visualsettings file.
    Before the BikerDLC came up, we got more power in the emissive setting. More space of what we can set.

I remember such as changes on oldgen, where R* patched the streamed texture quality of GTA:O players emblems on clothes and cars to a very ugly pixelated level. If they would do it for the perfomence :( On PS4 i haven't seen any like these changes there after the BikerDLC. Its still like before there. ONLY FOR PC.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.