Can the number of YMAPS be increased?

• So after a lot of messing around with YMAP mods and MLOs, I've come to the conclusion that the game can only handle so many ymap files. Once I've hit the limit, adding 1 more mlo will cause an infinite load screen.

An example of this is, I have a bunch of mods installed including an mlo of a motel with multiple ymaps as rooms. The game doesn't load. If I remove some of those ymap rooms, the game will load just fine. The issue not exclusive to the motel mlo. Any mlo that takes me over the limit will hang the game at boot. My limit seems to be around 30 MLOs and a few ymap builds.

So my question is, is there a setting or settings to increase the number of YMAP files the game handle? Or any other way to get around it?

• @Dogamizer
    Not a clue, but no-one else is answering, so I'll have a go :thumbsup:

'gameconfig.xml' would be a good place to start.

This value looks promising:

<Item>
    				<ResourceTypeName>MLO</ResourceTypeName>
    				<ExpectedMaximum value="35"/>
    			</Item>

perhaps these too:

<MaxMloInstances value="28000"/>
    		<MaxMloModelInfos value="5000"/>

Make a backup of your 'mods' folder 'update.rpf' first & then have a play about with the 'MLO' (& perhaps also 'map') values in your 'gameconfig.xml'.

Download a few modded gameconfig's for the version of the game you are using & have a look at the values other mod authors are using if you want ideas of possible values (say you venture on to testing other values as well etc).

Best of luck :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th
    I've been messing with the gameconfig values all morning but to no success. If there is a value to increase, I haven't found it yet. I have noted that it is related specifically to MLO ymaps and not ymap conversions of Map Editor or Menyoo builds.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway. Much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.