Way to make cars spawn dirtier by default?

• I miss the dingy aesthetic of IV. In reality, people don't drive around freshly washed cars everywhere. Is there a way to do this?

Also, an unrelated question, is there a way to get oncoming traffic to stop swerving into me on backroads because they thought I was going to cross the line when I was not even close? Very annoying.

• Nobody?

• LeeC2202 made a "Random Dirty Cars" mod a while back. He removed it from GTA5-Mods, but you can still find it hosted (without his permission) on other sites:

https://libertycity.net/files/gta-5/100033-random-dirty-cars-1.11.html
    http://www.gtamodding.fr/mods/5874-random-dirty-cars.html

• @PermissionToLand @Jitnaught

In your 'vehicles.meta', each vehicle as 2 specific lines for it :

• 'dirtLevelMin' which represents the value of dirt the car will spawn with at minimum.
    • 'dirtLevelMax' which represents the value of dirt the car can have at maximum.

For information, it seems like the maximum limit is '1.000'.

For your traffic problem, you could try finding a mod that changes the neutral AI driving behaviour.

• @epoqx Those values don't seem to be having an effect.

• @PermissionToLand
    Dirt on Spawned Vehicles:
    Haven't had a chance to test it out (& have mods that might make testing hard to do), but 'zonebind.ymt' has dirt parameters in it for spawning vehicles (ped dirt parameters as well):

<vehDirtMin value="0.900000" />
          <vehDirtMax value="1.000000" />
          <vehDirtGrowScale value="3.000000" />
          <pedDirtMin value="0.000000" />
          <pedDirtMax value="0.100000" />

Here's a decrypted version of 'zonebind.ymt' where I took the liberty of setting all the vehicle based dirt parameters as above (no ped dirt edits made).
    I presume those edits should give you 90%>100% dirt on all spawning vehicles, but you might want to play about with the values (you know, Rockstar's 'this is actually the opposite of what it sounds like' policy etc :thumbsup:).

Also, maybe the 'vehicles.meta' dirt values play a part in the final result, maybe try setting them to max as well etc.

Test it out if you like anyway (& if you do, let me know if it works?) :thumbsup:

I found the decrypted 'zonebind.ymt' in Simple Jurisdiction Fix, but didn't want the sheriff vehicles to spawn as dispatch in any City areas, so I've removed those edits & have only LSPD spawning as dispatch in the City (those LSPD City only edits are included in the decrypted link above, just so you know).
    If you want the sheriff vehicle dispatch spawn edits, grab the original :thumbsup:

Aggressive Drivers:
    As to the peds swerving into you, try editing the 'AggressiveDriver' random event timer in 'randomevents.ymt':

<Item>
              <RandomEventTypeName>AggressiveDriver</RandomEventTypeName>
              <RandomEventTimeIntervalMin value="60.000000" />
              <RandomEventTimeIntervalMax value="80.000000" />
              <DeltaScaleWhenPlayerStationary value="50.000000" />
            </Item>

Tied to that, there are also driving aggressiveness & ability values in 'pedpersonality.ymt/.meta' for each of the ped personality types (may have to edit both to get the most out of it etc):

<DrivingAbilityMin value="5" />
          <DrivingAbilityMax value="10" />
          <DrivingAggressivenessMin value="3" />
          <DrivingAggressivenessMax value="10" />

• @a63nt-5m1th Wow, thank you for the effort! I'm not seeing effects yet for the dirt having replaced both zonebinds. But I haven't played with the values yet. Maybe 10.0 is the max? I know Menyoo maxes out dirt at 1.4 but idk if or how their units may correlate with the actual game file values.

The AI driving stuff will take time to really tell. I think Ability might help, although of course who knows what other behavior it might affect. I don't think it's aggressiveness although people hooning the backroads and crossing the double yellow because they came in too hot is certainly annoying as well.

• @PermissionToLand
    Zonebind.ymt:

This is the best info I have on 'zonebind.ymt' (copied from someone's random pastebin at some point, untested):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <hash_03BA8D5A>
      <zones itemType="hash_B982048A">
    	<Item>
    	  <zoneName>Z_RMAN1</zoneName> <!--The zone name. Works together with popzone.ipl (has the same name as in the popzone.ipl)-->
    	  <spName>rich_man</spName> <!--The singleplayer name of the zone. Works together with popcycle.dat (Has the same name as in the popcycle.dat)-->
    	  <mpName>net_rich_man</mpName> <!--The multiplayer name of the zone, work with popcycle.dat (has the same name as in the popcycle.dat). It also uses the same names as in popgroups.ymt-->
    	  <vfxRegion>vfxregioninfo_default</vfxRegion> <!--This controls the visual FX (VFX) region type of the current zone. This can be either vfxregioninfo_default, vfxregioninfo_desert, vfxregioninfo_woodland, vfxregioninfo_wetland, vfxregioninfo_countryside, vfxregioninfo_snow, vfxregioninfo_mountain, vfxregioninfo_lake, vfxregioninfo_beach, vfxregioninfo_coastal, vfxregioninfo_slum, 0x428B85BB, and 0xB7E3E7F9. Works together with vfxRegioninfo.ymt (Has the same name as in the vfxRegioninfo.ymt)-->
    	  <hash_7111AC8A value="7" /> <!--I am unknown of what this affects-->
    	  <hash_6EAF264D>hash_136A626F</hash_6EAF264D> <!--I am unknown of what this affects-->
    	  <lawResponseTime>hash_64176477</lawResponseTime> <!--Changes response time, or something similar-->
    	  <lawResponseType>VEHICLE_RESPONSE_COUNTRYSIDE</lawResponseType> <!--This controls what type of dispatch spawns in the current zone, can be either VEHICLE_RESPONSE_DEFAULT (0, LSPD), or VEHICLE_RESPONSE_COUNTRYSIDE (1, BCSO), or VEHICLE_RESPONSE_ARMY_BASE (2, army), or 0xAD76C606 (3, not used). You can not add a new dispatch type. Works together with dispatch.meta (Has the same name as in the dispatch.meta)-->
    	  <specialZoneAttribute>SPECIAL_NONE</specialZoneAttribute> <!--This controls the special attribute of the said zone, it can be either SPECIAL_NONE (for everything execpt an airport) or SPECIAL_AIRPORT (for airports)-->
    	  <vehDirtMin value="0" /> <!--The min dirtiness for cars-->
    	  <vehDirtMax value="0.3" /> <!--The max dirtiness for cars-->
    	  <vehDirtGrowScale value="0.25" /> <!--How fast dirt collects on cars in the current zone-->
    	  <pedDirtMin value="0" /> <!--The min dirtiness for peds-->
    	  <pedDirtMax value="0.1" /> <!--The max dirtiness for peds-->
    	  <dirtRed value="60" /> <!--The dirt color in RGB (Red)-->
    	  <dirtGreen value="50" /> <!--The dirt color in RGB (Green)-->
    	  <dirtBlue value="40" /> <!--The dirt color in RGB (Blue)-->
    	  <hash_554360B5 value="0" /> <!--I'm not totally sure what this does but it may be related to traffic. This was only used with a integer of 0 to 500. This does not affect peds-->
    	  <hash_7A9914FD value="0" /> <!--I'm not totally sure what this does, but it's related to traffic. This was only used with a integer of 0 to 500. This does not affect peds-->
    	  <hash_56DE3ED1 value="0" /> <!--value of the industry (heavy trucks and buses) traffic type. When set to 0 the traffic will spawn and despawn very close around you, -1 disables this type of traffic, the higher number, the more likely it will spawn this traffic type. This was only used with a integer of 1 or 2. This does not affect peds-->
    	  <hash_895699CC value="0" /> <!-- value of the cheap/lower class traffic type. When set to 0 the traffic will spawn and despawn very close around you, -1 disables this type of traffic, the higher number, the more likely it will spawn this traffic type. This was only used with a integer of 1 or 2. This does not affect peds.--> 
    	  <hash_3CBB62E0 value="-1" /> <!--maybe a value of an traffic type (boats?). When set to 0 the traffic will spawn and despawn very close around you, -1 disables this type of traffic, the higher number, the more likely it will spawn this traffic type. This was only used with a integer of -1. This does not affect peds-->
    	  <hash_008ED931 value="false" /> <!--This has something to do with peds, or traffic most likely. This can only be set to true or false.-->
    	  <hash_AEBEFEED value="true" /> <!--This has something to do with peds, or traffic most likely. This can only be set to true or false.-->
    	</Item>
      </zones>
    </hash_03BA8D5A>

I also checked out 'vfxregioninfo.ymt' (as it's referenced in 'zonebind.ymt' (ie 'vfxregioninfo_default') but it just contains wind debris parameters. Nothing to do with dirt, just so you know.

Bad Drivers:

I also noticed in 'randomevents.ymt'

<Item>
              <RandomEventTypeName>InterestingDriver</RandomEventTypeName>
              <RandomEventTimeIntervalMin value="60.00000000"/>
              <RandomEventTimeIntervalMax value="80.00000000"/>
              <DeltaScaleWhenPlayerStationary value="50.00000000"/>
            </Item>

& then 'RecklessDriver' lower in the file:

<Item>
              <RandomEventName>SlowDriver</RandomEventName>
              <RandomEventType>ET_INTERESTING_DRIVER</RandomEventType>
            </Item>
            <Item>
              <RandomEventName>RecklessDriver</RandomEventName>  <!-- worth eliminating -->
            </Item>
            <Item>
              <RandomEventName>ProDriver</RandomEventName>
            </Item>

• @a63nt-5m1th So I tested that by having Richman set to max dirt but got no result in the area. I sent an email to the guy who made that dirty cars mod but got no response.

I eliminated both reckless and aggressive drivers entirely but no luck. I guess editing every ped personality is my last resort.

• Damn, even the ped personality didn't do it. I think the problem is part of the system for AI recognizing you oncoming and swerving to avoid you, because it mostly happens on sharp corners. It must be that their oncoming traffic detection radar (so to speak) only points forward and can't bend around the curve of a turn. So even when you're completely on your own side of the road, they will swerve into you thinking you were coming at them. Maybe there is a way you can tell the AI to only swerve off the road and not into oncoming traffic? I'm guessing all of that is hard-coded into the game though.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.