How to Make Carcols.meta?

• When I doing the car( Replace to Add on), I want to let original vehicle tuning part change to add on version, but I don't know how to make carcols.meta, hope there someone can help me!
    Sorry For My Poor English.

• @shine102
    The easiest way to learn is to download an add-on from the site that contains all the nessessary files ('handling.meta', 'vehicles.meta', 'carcols.meta' & 'carvariations.meta' at least) & then overwrite it's files ('.yft', '.ytd' & 'vehicle-name-here_mods.rpf*' etc) & data (just overwrite the data within the '.meta' files, don't replace them with full files taken from the game etc).
    Alternatively, download an add-on & just have a look at the files & see what the author has done & copy that procedure/format to create them for your own add-on. :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th
    I can made handling.meta & vehicle.meta & carvariations.meta, I just want to know how to make carcols.meta, but thank you teach me so many thing.

• @shine102
    Basically, it's the same principle as the other '.meta' files. You find the section/s for that vehicle in the game files (in this case, 'carcols.ymt' or 'carcols.meta') & copy the data (just for that vehicle) section by section into a 'carcols.meta' file using this format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <CVehicleModelInfoVarGlobal>    
      <Kits>
        <Item>
          <kitName> <!-- Kitname from '<kits>' section in carvariations goes here --> </kitName>
          <id value= " <!-- Unique ModKitID goes here -->"
          <kitType> <!-- kitType goes here --> </kitType>
          <visibleMods>
    		<!-- visiblemods/upgrades go here -->
          </visibleMods>
          <linkMods>
    		<!-- linkMods data goes here -->
          </linkMods>
          <statMods>
    		<!-- statMods data goes here -->
          </statMods>
          <slotNames>
    		<!-- slotNames data goes here -->
          </slotNames>
          <liveryNames>
    		<!-- liveryNames data goes here -->
          </liveryNames>
        </Item>
     </Kits>
      <Lights>
    		<!-- Lights data goes here - Use same id as '<lightSettings value=' line in carvariations -->
      </Lights>
    </CVehicleModelInfoVarGlobal>

Tip:
    Use 'Ctrl+F3' in OpenIV to search for files by name ('carcols.ymt' for example).

Hope that helps a bit :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th
    What's linkMods/statMods/slotMods? What are they doing? And if I want to make more tuning part, just repeat visibleMods again? What should I type in <kitType>"here"</kitType>

• @shine102
    linkMods:
    They are just parts that are linked to upgrades/visible mods. They will be different for each vehicle.
    Copy them if they exist in the original files. If not, change:

<linkMods>
    		<!-- linkMods data goes here -->
          </linkMods>

to this:

<linkMods/>

statMods:
    These are the values for engine, brakes, gearbox & armour upgrades. ie values that change the stats of the vehicle. Horns go here also.

slotNames:
    Not sure exactly, just copy them if they exist in the original data. If not change this:

<slotNames>
    		<!-- slotNames data goes here -->
          </slotNames>

to this format:

<slotNames/>

If you want to make more tuning parts you will have to learn to use ZModeler3 to edit the vehicle's '.yft'.

kitType:
    This varies ('MKT_STANDARD', 'MKT_SPECIAL', 'MKT_SPORT' etc), just use whatever it has in the original data.

• @a63nt-5m1th
    OK, thank you teach me some many thing.

• @shine102
    No probs :slight_smile: :thumbsup:
    Any questions/issues, give me a shout :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th
    OK, I will.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.