Epic gameconfig versus Steam gameconfig

• I am confused. I can not understand why there is a problem with Epic games version. Using a borrowed Epic account, I have tested the gameconfig. Line for line, the gameconfig is identical to Steam.

If a custom gameconfig works with Steam then there is absolutely no reason why a 1.0.1868.1 gameconfig won't work with 1.0.1868.4

@InfiniteQuestion said in Epic gameconfig versus Steam gameconfig:

I am confused. I can not understand why there is a problem with Epic games version. Using a borrowed Epic account, I have tested the gameconfig. Line for line, the gameconfig is identical to Steam.

If a custom gameconfig works with Steam then there is absolutely no reason why a 1.0.1868.1 gameconfig won't work with 1.0.1868.4

You're forgetting settings.xml, usually located in:

C:\Users\...\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V

• @meimeiriver I do not understand what the settings file has to do with the different versions of the game. Don't they use the same settings file in the location?

@meimeiriver I do not understand what the settings file has to do with the different versions of the game. Don't they use the same settings file in the location?

That's the question. :) Not using Epic game version myself. If they're using the same location, yeah, then it wouldn't make any difference, of course.

But 1.0.1868.4 and 1.0.1868.1 may have differences between them; so, what kind of 'problem' are you having with the Epic game version?

Also (shameless plug), try and have a look at what improvements a few of us made to Gameconfig.xml 4.0 (See pinned comment by me). Dilapidated's config has always proven extremely reliable; it may work for you too.

• @meimeiriver I'm not having any trouble. But if you read the comments, and from what people have been telling me, gameconfigs that work on steam won't work with Epic.

Well stupid me went through the hassle of installing the Epic version and testing. I can not see any difference at all between the game files. They seem interchangeable besides the launchers.

Dilapidated hasn't been updated since last year. There isn't a single gameconfig I can get to work with the new update. So I made my own, but kept getting told it wasn't compatible with Epic.

I just seen the config was updated, but only in the comments. Need to try those new values......

Dilapidated hasn't been updated since last year. There isn't a single gameconfig I can get to work with the new update. So I made my own, but kept getting told it wasn't compatible with Epic.

I you followed the above link I gave you, you'd see we suggested some minor, but vital, changes to Dilapidated's latest gameconfig, that will cause it to work again for even the heaviest of mods.

• @meimeiriver Sorry, doesn't work. Crashed in 35 min on only NVR to test. There's more to it than just those values

@meimeiriver Sorry, doesn't work. Crashed in 35 min on only NVR to test. There's more to it than just those values

35 minutes is an eternity in GTA V. :) Seriously, game can crash for many reasons, not just gameconfig (scripts, general memory leakage, etc). For one, the very latest SHVDN reportedly has a memory leak. I run with the previous version, which still works fine.

• @meimeiriver Oh damn do i know about these memory leaks, depending on the combo i can get 45 to 3 hours. But its mainly that 45 min mark i'm struggling to get a config to work. Which version are you using 1.0.1737.0 or before?

@InfiniteQuestion The game version I'm playing is still 1.0.1868.1, but my SHVDN is from 17 Februari 2020 (according to LeeC, the one from April was leaking memory).

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.