[SCRIPT] [WIP] DLS - Dynamic Lighting System
Dynamic Lighting System
Welcome to DLS, a script inspired by @LtCaine's ELS V that brings you amazing features from ELS to non-ELS vehicles.
- 5 slots for custom light stages (each one is a different sirensetting item on the vehicle configuration file).
- 4 slots for custom siren tones.
- Optional Traffic Advisory (easy to customize).
- Optional Custom Wail setup (like CHP's custom light stage when wailing) with customizable siren tone to trigger it and custom light stage.
- Optional Out of Vehicle setup (like CHP's custom light stage when out of vehicle) with a custom light stage.
- Full feature siren controller with different tones, manual, aux siren...
- Optional control for non-DLS vehicles (allows for basic light and siren control).
- Optional control for AI vehicles (allows for Out of Vehicle setup for them).
- Full controller support
- Interior light functionality
- Steady Burn
... and all without needing to alter the vehicle model or its .meta files.
DLS will be publicly released when it feels like a "finished product". Of course, it'll not be and will most likely face problems on release, but by delaying the public release I can make sure to iron out most of the problems that might arise. The public release will happen in gta5-mods.com, lcpdfr.com, gtapolicemods.com, on the GitHub, and on the Discord Server.
DLS is currently on version v0.8.1 (on both Preview and Developer cycles). While it's not ready for a big public release I'm sharing it on the Discord Server as a way to get feedback, bug reports, and input from vehicle developers.
DLS will be an open-source project as soon as it's publically released on GitHub. If you're an experienced developer with RPH or C# and is considering helping out on this project before the public release, your help is very much appreciated and you can find me on the Discord Server cited above.