Exporting ped model w/ 3ds max causes broken weighting

• Howdy,

I've decided to get back into modding after however long it's been since I last touched GTA V, now I'm facing an issue regarding the import / export of ped models.

I'll import the openformat model (ODD) to 3ds max 2014 via Gims Evo, >make a minor tweak then export it and add it to GTA V.

When the meshes are in-game, they seem to have all of the body parts weighted to the wrong areas. What am I doing wrong? Am I forgetting an import / export step? I've tried this with various pedestrian models as well, all to the same result, but it works fine with clothing items for the 3 main characters.
    Export errors
    [0 errors]
    [7 warnings]
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/accs_000_u" has got more than one root bone.
    All of them will be grouped into a new one with default parameters and unique ID.
    If you want to tweak these parameters, consider creating the root bone by yourself, and attaching your model bones to it.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/lowr_000_r" has got more than one root bone.
    All of them will be grouped into a new one with default parameters and unique ID.
    If you want to tweak these parameters, consider creating the root bone by yourself, and attaching your model bones to it.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/hair_000_r" has got more than one root bone.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/hair_002_u" has got more than one root bone.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/uppr_000_r" has got more than one root bone.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/accs_001_u" has got more than one root bone.
    1 times: Model "a_f_y_topless_01/hair_001_u" has got more than one root bone.

alt text

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.