Anyway to improve .ymap fps?

• I've downloaded few big ymaps, and it swallows me a hundred fps, I mean totally over 100 FPS. Looking away from the map the FPS jumps from 50 up to 187. I've changed the setting everything for the lowest and gained about 10-20 more FPS, it seems like it's only affecting the draw distance, sounds like a CPU demanding problem. Anyway to fix it? using 2080TI i7 7700k

• Bump. Interested if anyone has any solutions they've been successful with?

• I'm suffering the same problem too :( I believe there is not much we can do about it really :/ and I really don't understand why modders still making their mods in ymap rather than making them as dlc like how BigShaqNOKetchup does. and his mods are amazing with no big fps loss. I'm having a bit of fps loss in the big ones but not even quarter of simplest ymap mods..

• Doubt there's a way to fix that, that's how GTA5 engine is. Sucks with rendering.

@Aurora11 said in Anyway to improve .ymap fps?:

I'm suffering the same problem too :( I believe there is not much we can do about it really :/ and I really don't understand why modders still making their mods in ymap rather than making them as dlc like how BigShaqNOKetchup does. and his mods are amazing with no big fps loss. I'm having a bit of fps loss in the big ones but not even quarter of simplest ymap mods..

Only 0.5% of the players can do 3ds max (and do it well). So, the rest of us will just build our stuff the regular way: with (addon-) props.

MLO's often consist of a few large 'compound' props, and have proper LODS. So unlike addon props, that can run in the thousands, in a single ymap, and often have dismal LOD settings in their respective ytyp settings. (The latter is especially egregious, as streaming extents are calculated based on entity LOD distance).

So, many objects is the killer (often all with their own, embedded collision); bad LODs, and light sources.

• @meimeiriver Ugh :/ that makes sense :( I wish the ymap mods would have better performance though but oh well.. I guess I will only use them when I do stuff related to them and then uninstall when I finish doing screenarchery and such :/

Thanks for the info. We really need a super AI now that can do things on it's own without we having to go through lots of work. but the annoying world still unable to achieve simplest things and overcome the least important things.... I hope one day one of those probes Elon Musk send finds a better community to live in with :/

• @meimeiriver By the by sorry for asking this late and mentioning you after 4 days but just out of curiosity, what does MLO mean? Really it got me very curious for some reason.

@Aurora11 Nobody knows for sure. (Rockstar documents nothing). But it stands to reason MILO (or MLO, for short, in certain filenames) stands for Moveable-Interior LOader.

Ohhh that's a nice one too

I've heard Multi Level Object in this regard aswell (alloc8or 1/23/2020)

• Thank you very much :3

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.