Pickups by InfamousSabre

• What ever happen to the Pickups mod for GTA V I'm watching a YouTube video on how to turn GTA V into Ultra Real Life Simulator?

• @SimonGray653 bump ^^^^

• The author has taken it down, an update was in development some time ago.

Ask the author :P

@InfamousSabre

It was taken down due to people complaining of incompatibilities with newer patches even though I'd already stated it hadnt been updated for newer patches. Basically, I got tired of people who dont know how to read.

A new version is in development though. It utilizes an auto-installer that scans all game files, modifies them, then installs. This way the mod is update-proof. There also shouldn't be anymore requests for weapon-wheel texture creation, as not only have I created a tutorial, but I've also included all the texures one should ever need. In-car weapon wheel is a new feature that is in-progress. I've also had requests for better add-on weapon support, so that is on the list as well.

Finally, I've been trying to come up with a new name, as "Pickups" refers to an in-game mechanic and gets confusing in conversation. If anyone has any decent suggestions, I'm all ears.

• @InfamousSabre Nice! Was worried we’d never see it again. I never used any GTAO weapons, so I never cared for the lack of support, but nice to see this is still being developed!

Will this new version change the way the slots are handled, so we can have at least one melee weapon that doesn’t take up a slot for a firearm, and have it be shared in the first slot? I remember giving each weapon type its own slot, so the inventory worked like GTA IV, but melee weapons had to share one of those other slots because of the way the mod worked.

Would it be possible to have melee weapons share a slot with the first like in the vanilla game, and limit how many you can carry?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.