What is the resolution of the vanilla map/radar?

• Just out of curiosity. Or is it a vector image? I don't know, I've just always wondered why the custom maps and radars we've made are set resolutions unlike the vanilla map. Because the vanilla maps appear to look like vector graphics, so why couldn't the same be done for custom ones?

• @mrwallace888 I was talking with lorenvidican88 on pm and was asked about it. He said;

The resolution for vanilla should be ~50k. It's not exactly 50k, but something like that. As I said, vanilla has 2 versions, 2k x 3k cover made with 6 images (1kx1k per image) and high resolution map (also the radar) which is made with multiple textures, that's why it is loaded fast and don't decrease the performance. I can't make mine with textures because it doesn't have that high resolution, and it will take forever.

• Jesus Christ...

• @mrwallace888 @ReNNie Well I'm just copy pasting what he said :D Don't know how true it is lol

alt text

• Vanilla radar has 512x512 textures in parts (for zoomed out map), zoomed in map/minimap is a 3d model, it's not vector and does not use any textures at all
    Some of the radar mods just totally erase the 3d mesh and replace the 512x512 textures with 8k custom made ones which also technically can destroy your game

• Looks like damn bad dude lied to me and was even asking payment to make 2k for better performance. Was even said he will release low resolution ones in a month and that was 2 months ago.... Hope he gets run over by cruise ship and gets crushed under a malfunctioned satellite crash .. Nasty liar!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.