Installed mods but GTA V won't start

• @ArmaniAdnr

Gameconfig file. Installaton Path: \GTA V\update\update.rpf\common\data

You didn't actually fix that file in the game's own folder did you?

Well.... you're screwed. Especially if you didn't make a backup.

I change the gameconfig.xml in \GTA V\mods\update\update.rpf\common\data
    And for this test of mods folder, I didn't change the gameconfig.xml

As a general rule of thumb, you should NEVER modify the original files.

Update: CONFIRMED! I modified the original file in \GTA V\update\update.rpf\common\data with a gameconfig.xml that worked on previous versions . RESULT = Game crash.

Restored the original gameconfig.xml I backed up, game works.

• Same happens here! Since the latest December update my game goes back to the desktop before entering in-game. No error message! Script Hook V is updated (Dec. 18th). I hope you guys are right and it's OpenIV that needs to be updated. Can't play right now... 😵

• SOLVED IT

I had the same issue and couldnt figured it out but i finally solved it.
    You need the updated gameconfig, PackfileLimitAdjuster, Heapadjuster and Skripthook V
    I tried it and it worked for me after days of frustration

• @Kewn Which gameconfig are you using? I tried a few and they still crash. Mind you I didn't do the heapadjuster or packfile stuff. Just regular mod folder.

• Will there be some sort of "official" or "half official" fix anytime soon? I know... Dumb question. But hey... 😏

I suck big time at tinkering with half a dozen unknown and shady files. And I don't wanna mess my whole installation, which worked perfectly before the December update btw. There has to be an easier fix in my opinion. At least, I hope so! 🤔

• this ended up working for me, just tried it about an hour ago. having texture loss on a car i added but game loaded with add on cars.

• Thank you sooooo so so much "gavin241". Will give it a try within the next few days. This was definitely the worst GTA5 update EVER! 😖

• so we need to w8 what for game start again whit MOD and SCRIPT?

• @ArmaniAdnr Dude I had to log in and thank you. I just installed the Cscenariopoint asi and the game wasn't loading. I searched for so long and this comment popped up. Tried it and it fixed it. I know it's an old post but thanks again.

• Guys, how did you solve that issue?! I don't know why, but I still experience these such crashes and errors. I just cannot understand why that happened?! I tried to install some new mods. I got 15 mods and tried them all. You know what, none of them works, none! The game still crashes, and I'm tired of it! I don't understand why we always get these sorts of issues on the PC games. I've recently played gta 5 for smartphones, and even that version is better than the PC one! It doesn't have that many bugs and lags!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.