How can I make the player lose the cops before the next part of the mission goes on?

• Hi, I am making a script and wondered how i can make it so when i have a wanted level the next blip will not show and a subtitle of "lose the cops" will stay at the bottom, therefore, making me lose the cops before going forward in the mission.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

• exactly how you implement it would depend on the structure of your code.
    But checking the wanted level is the basis.

If (Game.Player.WantedLevel != 0)
    {
       // Player is wanted so display your subtitle.
    }
    else
    {
       // Player is not wanted, so the mission can continue.
    }

• @mcal9909 Thanks a load :)

• @mcal9909 Would it be possible for me to upload some code for you to guide me to where to put it as i have tried many differant ways but can not figure it out. i got it reading the "Lose the cops" at the bottom and then i lose them and it goes but the rest does not carry on after i lost them.

Thanks.

• Discord would probably be the easiest way mcal9909#4168
    Or upload it to pastebin / github or something and send me a link.

• @mcal9909 Here is a pastebin link of my code.

Processing.cs - https://pastebin.com/SQ7L007.
    Mission.cs - https://pastebin.com/iV8Wdth.

Thanks.

• Ok looking at your code, i think the easiest way is to add a new case for when the player is finished the mission but has a wanted level, enter this case after the robbery has happened. and leave it when the player is no longer wanted.

case MissionTask.LoseCops:
    {
        If (Game.Player.WantedLevel != 0)
        {
           GTA.UI.Screen.ShowSubtitle("Lose the cops");
        }
        else
        {
           task = MissionTask.GoToSecretLocation;
        }
        break;
    }

or add another MissionTask variable called something like previousTask, and then in the relevant MissionTasks check if the player is wanted. If so store the current task previousTask = task; and then set task = MissionTask.LoseCops; and break out of the current task, then at the end of LoseCops when the player is no longer wanted set task = previousTask; to carry on with the mission.

• @mcal9909 OK. Thank you a tonne for the help. I'll be sure to add that to my script.

• @mcal9909 I have put it into my code and i get the 'lose the cops' at the bottom but it also shows the waypoint. Is there something i have don wrong there? https://pastebin.com/P5ztiCE I implemented it like this.

• not sure, do you mean destinationBlip? if so just hide it or delete it when set task = MissionTask.LoseCops; and unhide it / add it back in when you set task = MissionTask.GotoSecretLocation;

• @mcal9909 Not the destinationBlip. It is the getawayVehicle blip that is showing when it shouldn't.

Thanks.

• void Processing_LoseCops()
        {
            if(getawayVehicle.AttachedBlip.Exists()) getawayVehicle.AttachedBlip.Delete();

if(Game.Player.WantedLevel != 0)
            {
                GTA.UI.Screen.ShowSubtitle("Lose the cops");
            }
            else
            {
                task = MissionTask.GoToSecretLocation;
            }
        }

You are only removing the blip in Processing_GetBackIntoVehicle(), if the player is in the vehicle, but you are moving to LoseCops no matter the state. So you are moving to LoseCops before the blip gets a chance to be removed.

• @mcal9909 When i use that script here https://pastebin.com/zYmb4s5 i crashes saying there is an error on line 173. I checked but I can not see and issue, however, i am quite new to the coding.

Thanks.

• @Kieran_S
    Try

if(getawayVehicle.AttachedBlip != null && getawayVehicle.AttachedBlip.Exists()) getawayVehicle.AttachedBlip.Delete();

Or make sure the player enters the vehicle and you delete the blip before moving into LoseCops.

• @mcal9909 This works. Thank you for the help you gave. Just to ask 1 more thing if that is ok. Do you know why sometimes when i make a blip on the map it makes the one i want it to but then add thousands more standard red ones on top? It happened quite a few times but i moved things randomly and it seemed to work. I can't find anything online about it either. If you could let me know why this happens it would be great so I can avoid it from happening.

• @Kieran_S sounds like the code for adding or creating the blip is running on concurrent frames. Always check if (blip == null && !blip.Exists()) to make sure the blip isnt already present before.

• @mcal9909 Nice one. Thanks a lot. You have been a massive help :)

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.