I prepare all my motors to do something perfect with my vision and there is really lot of things I dont understand in handling.meta.
(sorry for my english and if I ask in French nobody answers i'll try to be clear)
First, handlig.meta placed in mods/update/update.rpf is ok, to modify all motors ?
I have a car "without handbrake", there is a value in handling.meta which is <fHandBrakeForce value="0.800000" /> and on this car handbrake is a real joke (it does not work ... it works like bad brake), for another car I have exactly the same value and, as usual on GTA arcade handling, handbrake permits any car to do 180 degrees very easily (and thats what I want). So I'm sure there is another value that influences handbrake_force, what is this value ?
Can anybody clearly explain me <fInitialDragCoeff value="8.200000" /> and <fInitialDriveForce value="0.440000" /> ?
This one too <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="1.000000" />
And, please, can u give me an example, if I use an aberrant value one way or the other. For example, <fSteeringLock value="43.000000" />, high value good for low speed and great maniability, low value is good for high speed and autoban. (I ever try aberrant value but I'm not sure of conclusion)
Last question do you simply have a website which could explain all this. There is a French mod but it's really not precise.
Optional question: If I give to police great motors, are they more agresive ? (I know answer is no but I'd like you confirm this).
Thank you very much for your time.
I'm not a professional modder.
I only would like have all the cars I like with a motor as I imagine it.
Thank you very much for car creators (but let me do handling ... if I success to understand it better)
A very quick google will direct you to this thread on 5mods which you will find very useful.
To answer your questions:
- Yes, you can place a handling.meta in update.rpf to control all vehicles, however, a dlcpack would be more desirable. I would suggest downloading Eddlm's old Lore Friendly Handling Pack and modifying the handling.meta within to suit your purposes.
- There is an additional flag that defines if a vehicle has no handbrake in strhandlingflags, as seen in the thread linked above.
- Initialdragcoeff is the baseline Drag force that the car experiences at speed, i.e. how much air resistance the vehicle experiences, larger/boxier vehicles will have a higher value. initialdriveforce is the baseline power the vehicle has, higher number, more power. Both work in tandem to help calculate the top speed of the vehicle.
- lowspeedtractionloss is a multiplier that changes the amount of traction the driven wheels have at low speed. a value of 0 means the traction wont be changed, a value of 1 will cause a large amount of traction loss at low speed, meaning bigger burnouts.
- steeringlockvalue is exactly what it sounds like, the angle of maximum steering lock. Larger lock means tighter turning circle.
- See the above link, it contains everything you need to know.
Ok, I never see the toppic you give and it's perfect, thank you for your answer, right now that will be easier to create my perfect motors !
Thank you again !
PS: I will look at your link tomorrow, but for police you confirm ? It's totally useless to give theme great handling there isnt any impact on their agressivity ? (Because now my comet (porsche 911 turbo) has better performance than the better natural car in gtaV so leave police is a "kid game" ... )
it wont make the police any more aggressive, but it will make it easier for them to keep up as their top speed should be higher if you've done it correctly.