Replacing cars but having random crashes

• @DugiHowser
    Provide downloads to the Premier and Gburrito replace's you are using :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th Yes of course! Here are the models for the premier;
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2011-honda-accord (This one has been giving me the best results without any changes to vehiclevariations and vehicles.meta) (During the Complications mission cutscene this Model appears to work fine with the door Simion holds open but it stays closed at other time I re attempt it. During Mr.Philips Enterprises mission cutscene when the Changs hop in a Premier, this model will glitch with the wheels not rotating or doors not opening.)
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/acura-tl-type-s-jomanire-and-lazlow555 (This one is more problematic and even with changes to vehiclevariations and vehicles.meta still appears glitchy not matter the mission.)
    Gburrito:
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/chevrolet-g20-stock-wipers-animated-template (Its better after changing vehiclevariations and vehicles.meta but as stated in the past. The driver will a sit at the rear fender and out of the car.

• @DugiHowser
    For the Premier, try this 'carcols.ymt' as a test.

Backup 'update.rpf' & then install here:

...\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\data\carcols.ymt

• @a63nt-5m1th Awesome will do after work! Which Premier replace model is this carcols.ymt for or it doesn't matter?

• @DugiHowser
    Shouldn't matter :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th No dice. :frowning2: I tried both models and a couple more. Seems to be same results as the original carcols.ymt. Its weird though, each model I tried and I re loaded the cutscene 3x per model. Every time I reloaded I got either worse or better results. Weird right? And that goes for each model. The ones that kept them selves "together" best were:
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2011-honda-accord and https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/kia-optima
    Is it in the cut scene itself that needs editing? I assume I need Zmodler for that yeah?

• @DugiHowser said in Replacing cars but having random crashes:

Is it in the cut scene itself that needs editing?

Possibly, haven't heard of issues in cutscenes before, but then I don't think all that many people play sp missions with their modded game, so that might be it.

Try this 1967 Ford Mustang GT500, as it has no upgrades (any other vehicle without visual upgrades will work too).
    If it appears messed up in the cutscene then something is jumping in over the top & forcing upgrades onto it.
    Not sure if cutscenes can even be edited :thinking: You may have to just leave some vehicles as vanilla if unable to edit etc.

• @a63nt-5m1th I'm Replacing this model with the Premier?
    I hear ya, I may be poop out of luck if this won't work and will have to stick with vanilla :disappointed:
    I just find it weird that other replace cars for other cutscenes work perfectly. Is it possible that they are modeled to replace that particular vehicle meaning, A replace mod that is meant to replace say the Premier. These models I have been using were named to replace another vehicle. I just renamed and replaced them.

I'm Replacing this model with the Premier?

You replace the Premier with the 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 (or any vehicle that doesn't have upgrades) & test to see what happens in the cutscene. :thumbsup:

@DugiHowser said in Replacing cars but having random crashes:

These models I have been using were named to replace another vehicle. I just renamed and replaced them.

Can't rule it out, not all vehicles work 100% when used to replace an alternative vehicle than what was intended by the mod author.

I suspect a cutscene script or something is trying to add upgrades to the Premier just for that cutscene, but can't find them/uses the originals/gets confused etc.
    No matter the carcols settings, the script ignores them & does it's own thing etc.

• @a63nt-5m1th No dice :disappointed: The mustang had same results like the others.

Where would this "cutscene script" you speak of and anyway to edit it?

I know there are 2 different models for characters in story mode, 1 in between the cutscene and the other in the cutscene. Could it be possible that there is the same for cars and props?

Where would this "cutscene script" you speak of and anyway to edit it?

Not a clue, & no, there's no way to edit vanilla scripts easily anyway.
    You would probably need to create your own script that overrides the vanilla one, if possible.

That, or find a way to disable the upgrades the script uses. Maybe try deleting the 'premier_mods.rpf' etc or the files inside it & see if that can stop the cutscene accessing them that way?

• @a63nt-5m1th said in Replacing cars but having random crashes:

That, or find a way to disable the upgrades the script uses. Maybe try deleting the 'premier_mods.rpf' etc or the files inside it & see if that can stop the cutscene accessing them that way?

That I tried already through the mods folder. I also tried deleting them from the original game files but that just ended up corrupting my game file and had to re install :slight_frown:
    Man why does it need to be so difficult :sweat_smile:

• @DugiHowser
    I think it's going to be a tricky issue to fix. I've not seen many mods that focus on even being compatible with storymode, let alone fix issues/aim to provide a better storymode etc.
    I still have to play storymode & encounter it's issues.

If you can, provide some screenshots of what the cars look like in the cutscene/s (including the no upgrades ones, like the mustang), so I can see exactly what they are doing? Might highlight something. :thumbsup:

Also, how far through the storymode are these cutscenes? I'm relatively near the start of the game, having only completed a few of the first missions. Plan was to mod GTA V to the nines & then play storymode, but doesn't look like that is going to be an issue free experience :/

• @a63nt-5m1th Its exactly my plan. Id like to mod it to the point where you get a completely "real life" experience. The cars are just the start. Ill happily share the mods/cars I am using that I can confirm working if you are interested?
    That aside, okay Ill go back and take some screens. Luckily the issues started early :laughing: so you won't need to get far at all to see what I'm seeing. Ill get to work and update shortly.
    Thank you!

• @a63nt-5m1th Forgive my delay in response and hopefully you are still around to help. I took a few days off from the game, all this time tinkering with mods burnt me out. I upped my replaced cars to about 110 + some add on cars and wheel packs. I managed to get the game running very stable with the once in a while "Game Memory" error which I am going to try to resolve. I do have the anti crash necessities however still getting that error here and there. 98% of my replaced cars are under 20MB with a good 75% of them if not more are 10M or less. I do not have graphical issues while playing the game so I'm a little stumped by this :confused: Maybe I should try another game config? Ill keep trying to find a fix.

Anyway, to continue where we left off.. I went back to replay a few missions to get you screenshots. Here are a few, and I went back and removed all of the car mods in the mods/x64e directory. Still these issues persist. I wonder if there is another car mod folder in any of the update files and or another vehiclevariations, carcols, vehicle.meta that's continuing the issue? Ill start weeding those out tomorrow and will update. In the mean time here are some pics so you can see what I'm on about. These are from the first couple missions in the game if you hadn't started your play through yet minus the last pictures which are from later in the game. You can see that at the first part of the cut scene the appears glitched but then later on its completely fine. And yes I replaced the top animations correctly as you can see with the Audi. Its really weird some cars work perfect and others are a mess. Like there are 2 BJxl replace models on this site. 1 of them completely glitches out in the Complications cutscene while the other works perfectly. Im stumped :confused:

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @a63nt-5m1th I went back and sifted through ever carvariation, carcol, and vehiclemodelset in the game. Changed what needed to be changed and looks like we got even worse results :laughing:
    I believe these issues now come down to the model build itself.. I don't think anything further can be done :disappointed_relieved:
    alt text
    alt text

• @DugiHowser
    Yeah, if the cars are showing up ok sometimes & only broken in certain cutscenes etc, I doubt there is much you are going to be able to do about it, other than use another vehicle that doesn't have those issues.

• @a63nt-5m1th If I were to find an unlocked model to replace the Premier lets say, would you happen to know what things I would need to change or duplicate in from the original Premier in Zmodler to avoid the glitches? Like seating positions or extras, or modification points? I'm looking at this model and I am wondering if I can pull it off :thinking: I'm just learning Zmodler and would be a good learning experience if something can be done.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2009-infiniti-g37-s-sedan-gta-5-unlocked

• @DugiHowser
    I've never used ZModeler, so can't help there unfortunately.
    Probably best to create a new thread specific to that. :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th Will do. Thank you for all of your help my friend :thumbsup:

• Why would a "bad car mod" or incorrectly converted car mod crash the game and how?. .

• @gapzop A bad car mod can have more polygons than your setup can handle - even with all the gameconfigs etc - resulting in a crash, too much for your system to handle although it might work well on other configurations. In other words, it might not be bad for all systems but it is definitely not for yours. Bear in mind that one bad, poorly designed car, will rarely crash your system - but when you have 100+ that's another story.

An incorrectly converted model is a different story - often means poorly constructed structures including files, "bad" files translate into a crash or texture glitches or other problems - often without any error message and nothing to show for it in the logs.

Many modders have no idea what they are doing the first time around, so you become the quality tester. If you start looking at some vehicle mod files under the microscope (OpenIV) you'll be surprised at all the garbage you can find: missing files, bad file references or references from other vehicles just copied and pasted from other mods, incorrect xml tags (missing closing tags for examples). You will also notice these when you spawn them through scripts - transparent or missing parts like windows or the chassis. Most can be fixed by editing the source files, customizing thru a trainer, or through code (ex. modkit functions).

There is one vehicle mod in particular, on this site, that is a perfect example of a mod author being beyond clueless. In fact the comments on the mod page are all negative. Can't spawn vehicle rather than a crash though.

I got it to work, sort of as a personal challenge, and learned quite a bit in the process. The mod was a disaster, pointing to files that were missing, syntax errors in the xml such as missing underscores in the content.xml and missing closing tags in the vehicles.meta etc. It was hard to believe this was actually released. What's even more incredible is that it actually spawned for the author - I mean he had screenshots - which shows how some systems are more tolerant than others.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.