[VEHICLE] [WIP] [RELEASED] Vehicle Handling V

• VEHICLE HANDLING V

With hundreds of hours been put into vehicle handling v already. Ive reached a point,
    where some assistants in mod development is needed.

Interested in development. Leave a post or PM me via a chat room.

Keep in mind id like to keep vehicle handling v balanced. Im Not looking for total realism.
    Something in-between the vanilla handling and realistic handling.

If you want help and contribute to vehicle handling v. Here are the details:

-Research into model, handling and damage flags. To make sure that their function is correct and there are none missing. Research into all of the flags needs to be done. So not to double work load and to get the best out of each individual vehicle.

-Shorter transmission ratio. Making gears shorter without drastically altering top speed and accelerations.

-General assistance in tweaking all vehicles.

-Pictures and videos.

SUPPORT

Before posting. Have you read all the information on the download page and README file?
    If you have then please provide the following:

• Screenshot of GTA V root folder

• OpenIV installation log

• Run a test and post results (see the support section in the README file that comes with the mod)

Please show patience if i dont respond. I maybe unavailable.
    Any questions that can be answered by reading the description of the mod and readme file will be ignored.

• I would have come sooner but never noticed the thread, damn.

From the latest version of Vehicle Handling V I see that up until Bikers DLC, all vehicles are done? The rest (updates after that one) are the ones that need to be added, right? Just asking to know where to start.

I'm currently trying to improve the new vehicles' handling (Import/Export), but I'm far from an expert editing handling files. I'm using ikt's Realtime Handling Editor.

If you can take time to explain what you usually change in the vehicles, that would be nice.
    I'm referring which handling lines and to what purpose.
    For example:
    <fTractionCurveMax value="2.700000" />
    <fTractionCurveMin value="2.550000" />
    <fTractionCurveLateral value="22.500000" />
    <fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.150000" />
    <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="1.000000" />
    <fCamberStiffnesss value="0.000000" />
    <fTractionBiasFront value="0.475000" />
    <fTractionLossMult value="1.000000" />

Gotten from the Retro Elegy. Could you tell me how they work? I'm working with the first ones to reduce the Retro Elegy's absurd acceleration and turning grip, but as you know, it's really tricky.

• Yeah my last update was for biker dlc. As for vehicles being complete, no. A lot of the vehicles need tweaking. Some of the vehicles are OK, as is. Let me expand and give details on what id like to be done.

To save me writing paragraphs of data. This wiki will give you some basic knowledge of what each function does. https://www.gtamodding.com/wiki/Handling.meta

1. Research into model, handling and damage flags. To make sure that their function is correct and there are none missing. Most of them were in the handling dat. Research into all of the flags needs to be done. So you can get the best out of each individual vehicle.

2. Shorter transmission ratio. Again some are OK but a lot of the gear lengths need shortening. Super cars are a good example of this.

3. General assistance in tweaking all vehicles.

Ikt handling editor. Great tool. Haven't had the chance to utilise it yet.

That's it. Sounds easy enough.... Ha!

• First one will be hard, as I know nothing about vehicle flags.

About shorter gears, I'm increasing the number of gears for the new supercars so their gears are shorter, I don't know any other way to shorten them.

Can you tell me of some vehicles you consider finished, so I can see an example of what I am aiming for? The Asea seemed pretty realistic.

And yeah, I'm using ikt's handling editor. I'm actually surprised you haven't used it for Vehicle Handling V, editing then restarting must have been a loooong process.

I'm adding the new vehicles to your mod so I can still enjoy the edits, I'll upload the file somewhere when there's something relevant to show. I'm currently tackling the latest cars, mostly grip & brake reduction, more gears if the vehicle takes too long to change when going straight at the airport, and higher suspension travels.

• @Eddlm I'd agree with the asea. Also the felon and dukes. Apart from needing shorter gears and a few minor tweaks. They are pretty much done.

You can shorten gears by reducing drag and max velocity. This may affect drive force. If that is the case, drive force will need adjusting to reflect the changes.

Do you want me to add your handling for the new cars to vehicle handling v.

• Yeah! Let me finish all new cars and I'll upload their handling here.

• Here are the vehicles from the Imports/Exports update.

They're not perfect and I think the wastelander is the worst result here, clearly i'm not skilled at it. From my tests the thing that had best results is the suspension. No flags changed.

By the way, I've changed all new vehicles AI handling from AVERAGE to SPORTS_CAR so the AI drives them faster, I'm specifically interested in this because of my racing scripts. If you could check the rest of the sport cars for this change, that'd be cool. If not I can do it.

• @Eddlm Great. Appreciate the help. The new version will be up shortly.

Yeah if you wanna change all of the A.I handling. I will upload that also.

• Speed, suspension, transmission, animations... A complete overhaul of bikes is in development.
    Here's a quick preview.

alt text

• New version out. Updated with special races dlc vehicles. https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/vehicle-handling-v

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.